GM Ecotec 1.4 Turbo PCV Repair - New Valve Cover Part # 25203036

Hello Everyone,

It looks like I need to do this repair on my wife's Buick Encore. After further investigating the issue, it looks as if GM as an improved part number to replace the previous part. The old part number was 25198877, and replacement updated part is 25203036.

My question is does anyone know what the improvement is to the updated part? I have searched the web and cannot see any real differences. Do any of you have access to GM part bulletin library that might call out specific differences?

Thanks in advance for your help.

My son just recently bought one of these 1.4L turbo engines in a Cruze. Seller said it had a "minor" oil leak when in reality it was puking oil all over the engine and down onto the serpentine belt. It was so bad that if he left the hood up a few hours oil would drip down onto the windshield and wiper blades and make a puddle.

I bought the PCV v3 fix kit from the website Trav mentioned. I also replaced the CPASV seals and the valve cover. The check valve at the turbo was also leaking so I had to replace that portion of the PCV hose. Ended up replacing the serpentine belt as well since it was saturated with oil.

No more leaks.

Guys, Thanks for your responses. I am currently not experiencing any external oil leaks (at least not yet). The current symptoms are a RPM surging which seems to be from the PCV valve leaking.

Thanks again for your replies.

I think the plan of attack should first be to inspect your check valves to see if they are intact as it is just a matter of time before they fail. If you don't address a failed check valve first, then it will ruin your new valve cover. I would also consider proactively installing one of the PCV fix kits. I think GM actually had a TSB and extended coverage for the valve cover; a co-worker successfully had his replaced by the dealer at no cost but he had to pay for a new intake because the little rubber check valve was missing. Not sure why they covered the one but not the other.

I didn't think the v3 kit installed as easy as the seller says it should. I was skeptical that I successfully installed the plug so I ended up pulling the intake to do it right.

Make sure you check for the check valve in the intake, if your vacuum regulator in the valve cover is blown more than likely the check valve in the intake is gone and the intake will need to be replaced as well. When that check valve is gone the turbo will pressurize the crankcase under boost and you'll just keep blowing the vacuum regulator and develop some crazy oil leaks.

Back