GM covers my son's Pontiac 3.4 coolant leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

My son got a check in the mail the other day for $600 to cover a coolant leak caused by the dreaded intake manifold leak. They would not spring for it even with Terry's fine writeup bc there was no "coolant" reading on the analysis and no visible leak.

When the last report from Schaeffer's came in it actually showed coolant in the oil.

He then got it fixed-not expecting GM to cover it. But he got a check in the mail
shocked.gif

GM also covered the job on my S-10. I was 4 years out of warranty but only 33,000 miles. A good friend of mine is a mechanic at the dealership and he stressed to the service writer that my family had bought several vehicles there. I didn't have to pay a cent.

Glad to hear GM will stand behind something that they do. Many know that they won't stand behind their terrible paint jobs.

Ford payed to repaint my '93 F-150 when the paint on the hood started to peel. I have a friend who had paint issues with his Dodge Durango, Chrysler picked up the bill for that too. Doesn't look to good for GM when the competitors stand behind their paint and GM won't.

quote:

Originally posted by cousincletus:
What year? Has GM supposedly worked out the intake manifold leaking problem?
cheers.gif

His is a 2000 I don't think they have it figured out yet. But I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back