GM air box

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that there was a GM model that had the air filter box right on the throttle body. It took a small panel style filter. I believe the engine was a V-6, maybe 3.8L. I cant remember what model it was or the years that had this style box.

I hope Im being descriptive enough, anyone have an idea?

The LS1 powered F-Body's are kinda like that. The top part of the airbox goes right into the MAF sensor and then right into the throttle body.

V6 Fbodies work the same way (1998+ models)
If you get a V6 get a 00+, better steering wheel and throttle control.

I should have clarified a little. The car is an early to mid 90s 4 door fwd car, i believe.

I am conceptualizing an idea for something that would go on my car and i would need a small air box just like the one im thinking of.

1988 through 1993 Centurys and other A-bodies with the 3300 V6 I believe is what you're looking for.

i think t-keith has it, that sounds pretty familiar. ill have to run to the junk yard and look for those.

what else were considered a-bodies in that vintage?

thanks

-

Actually they never put the engine in 6000s or Celebritys, only Centurys and Cutlass Cierras.

-T

thanks for the pic T-Keith. i thought they looked a little different. but i can just modify it a little to make it work.

thanks for the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back