GM 9986202 SAE 5w-20 spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know about GM's topic spec ?

Looks like this thin oil influenza is spreading everywhere . LOL
smile.gif

On another note I was just reading where they put a over the road truck on 30wt syn blend motor oil instead of the normal 15w-40 and 75w-90 synthetic gear oil in the trans box and it boiled down to this .

That truck saved 1260 or so bucks a year and a fleet of 1000 trucks would save 930,000 .00 gallons of fuel a year . Remarkable
cool.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:

On another note I was just reading where they put a over the road truck on 30wt syn blend motor oil instead of the normal 15w-40 and 75w-90 synthetic gear oil in the trans box and it boiled down to this .

That truck saved 1260 or so bucks a year and a fleet of 1000 trucks would save 930,000 .00 gallons of fuel a year . Remarkable
cool.gif

So why aren't the big fleets like UPS, JBHunt, USPS, etc using syns?

They may have contracts from existing suppliers.
They may be slow to catch on.
They may not like the greatly increased costs of the synth fluids.
Maybe they ARE changing over.

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
Well , are you guys gonna make me post the spec ...or you gonna Google it ?
smile.gif

Are you going to post this (supposed) GM spec for 5w20 oil?

unDummy , Jay

I really don't have it .I was hoping someone else could dig up the info on this apparent new GM oil spec so I posted in a way to encourage some help in digging up some info .

Since the other GM specs have been difficult to obtain , well actually have never been obtained I suppose this one will remain a mystery but it sure looks like GM will be wanting owners to use 5w-20 oil in at least some of their cars in the near future .

We will see what 2005 year model GM vehicles call for in terms of 5w-20 wt

My guess is that it's for the VUE. I couldn't find anything, other then the fact the Kendall 5w20 meets the spec.

-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back