GLX Passat: Please pick up the white curtosey phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLX,

I just wanted to let you know the 10 qt's of M1 that I got from you are resting comfortably in my garage next to my (small)GC stash. So far, the two seem to be getting along just fine.

But now I can't decide which oil to use on my next oil change.
tongue.gif

Glad to hear that Wayne! It's been said that GC works better the second oci, but I don't know. Maybe closely monitor your gas milage with GC and then change to M-1 and see how it compares. Then you'll have a better idea what to use in the future.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Oils well that ends well!
grin.gif

Pat, that is SO BAD ! One of the Elves laughed so hard he threw up...and let me tell you THAT is not a pretty sight.

Do you REALLY want to know?............................................................................................................................................................................... .......................................actually yes.

Yeah, I've got enough GC to *float* my car. I also have a crapload of Mobil 1 0w-30. I gave away a change or 2 worth to friends who can use it and still have a bunch leftover. The only real use I have for it is in a cocktail of it and Mobil 1 0w-40. So I find myself buying Mobil 1 0w-40, which is even more insanity. If I get a deal on some, I can get some serious duty out of it. Basicly, I am off GC now that my car has 97k. I have no clue what my next car will be
rolleyes.gif
('06 Golf 2.0 FSI) but I really don't need GC in my beater cars when I have other good oil choices here. So, about 5 cases of GC and the same amount of Mobil 1 is plenty stock.

My PM does not work, so GLX, shoot me an EM at [email protected] I will cover the shipping, etc. Thanks.
cool.gif

Sorry I did not have access to your EM and PM does not work for me. I was wondering if you are still going to clear out the garage and get rid of your Mobil 1 0w-40 stash. I would offer you a good price, bearing in mind it will be about $/1q shipping for me. What I can offer that is even more valuable than money is a 2:1 swap for ORIGINAL AUTHENTIC GC! Anyway, I know you had a local BitOGer who might be interested, and that is the obvious way to go...but I wanted to check in with you before you let them go to a stranger at your garage sale. Thanks either way, I just wanted to take a stab at it because my maintenance costs are so high, taking care of several family members' cars out-of-pocket. Thanks, Clark
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back