Gluing foam to metal

I'm looking for a glue to adhere some small pieces of foam to a metal flap inside the air box of an old car. I've read that white Gorilla Glue works. Can anyone suggest any other products. I just want a small bit, not a whole tube of construction adhesive. Thanks.
smile.gif

At one time, I probably would have used whatever silicone gasket maker I had on hand. That was before the Internet enabled me to research every decision in agonizing detail.
crazy2.gif

heater air box? I, carefully, used contact cement when I rebuilt the air box in my Defender. Gorilla glue, the non foaming one, is probably a good recommendation. Gives some work time.

Its gonna be h2o/acrylic as anything else with etch/burn the foam. If you have any XIM Peelbond laying around it might work. Its like monkeygripe on exterior substructure or alligatoring on a paint finish.

I wouldn't hesitate to use a quality hot glue. I've used it to bond all sorts of things and have never had it melt anything foam, etc. Not to mention it cures in mins and the better sticks/guns have incredible bonding power for something relatively simple.

Originally Posted by zzyzzx
Gorrila Glue (AKA Polyurethane Glue).

Thanks. Both it and Gorilla Glue White listed foam as something it would adhere to. I purchased Gorilla Glue White as it has a few other improvements. ( not to be confused with Gorilla Glue white wood glue.)

Originally Posted by Donald
If you email JB Weld they will respond with a good suggestion.

Thanks, I checked their site and put the question to them. They got right back and said they were sorry but presently they don't have anything for foam. Pretty good site otherwise.

Back