Not open for further replies.
Colt M4:

"....after shooting it under salt water."

More details, please.

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:

quote:

Originally posted by dkryan:
Uh, I just checked my "firin pin" and I can easily see that no seizure is imminent!

You boys shooting lead bullets or reloads, by chance?

I shot 50 rounds of lead bullets through my Glock one time. It took me forever to clean the barrel.

Next time you shoot lead after you are done shoot a few copper jacketed rounds it will remove the lead! I shoot between 350 and 500 rounds of lead a week and always shoot a few copper rounds after I'm done! Good old cheap ball ammo works best!

thooks wrote:

Not supposed to shoot lead through Glock barrels.

Jacketed bullets only.

If you use a quality (hard) lead bullet you'll have no problems! Only when you use soft lead with the polygonal rifling will you run into problems!

I have shot well well over 20,000 rounds of lead through my glocks with zero problems!! And the secret to removing lead from the barrel is after your done shooting simply fire a few jacketed rounds this will clean almost all the lead out!

Hoppes to clean it and RemOil for lube.

Shooting cleaner ammo helps too. I changed from Remington white box to Blazer CCI (actually cheaper when you buy it online). Big difference in the residue left in my gun.

Of course it's Glock's fault when they have a ka-boom.

My Glock's require very little cleaning. A bore snake and a wipe down. Less lube is better when it comes to Glocks. Remember it's a Glock not a Sig or a 1911 so you don't need to baby it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back