Glock 19

I removed the antisieze from the rails and liberally oiled them. Toi me its a myth that glocks run fine with little oil. I get it that glock collects dirt. But I clean it every couple hundred rounds.

Glock suggest that the anti seize stay in the rails, don’t they? At least for break in. As far as oiling, the book shows a few spots for one drop. Just one drop. Liberally oiling a Glock seems pointless. Messy at best.

My Glocks run fine with little oil. That’s no myth. That’s fact.

Bought one today. One gun shop was selling them at $780 I bought mine for $550. Amazingly the trigger pull averaged 4.7 pounds. I was very surprised. Best out of the box trigger I have experienced.
Also, the trigger pull incorporates the safety, if I remember correctly.

Excellent firearm.

Glock suggest that the anti seize stay in the rails, don’t they? At least for break in. As far as oiling, the book shows a few spots for one drop. Just one drop. Liberally oiling a Glock seems pointless. Messy at best.

My Glocks run fine with little oil. That’s no myth. That’s fact.
While it took me a while to understand how over-oiling some things could potentially be harmful, the Glock is as you say.

If I had to guess, and this is just a WAG here, the fine engineers at Glock may have made their instrument in such a way and with such precision that there really isn't anywhere for the oil to go...

Shot half dozen shots barely holding on to the firearm (total limp wrist)..no failures. 120 rounds with no failures now. I think its gonna work out.

Love my Gen.3 but prefer the texture on my Gen.4, Glocks might not be the prettiest but they are reliable and eat practically anything you feed them.

Nice gun. I love the G19 and have three of them. A 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation models. I bought the 2nd gen in 1997 from a friend of mine and my love for Glocks began. I also have a G43 that is now my concealed carry gun but I have no problem concealing the 19 as well.

Kinda' nice that I have both the 19 and 44 triggers at just under 5 pounds. Can't tell the difference between the two.

I found the G19 grip to be just a smidge too short for me. The grip on my G19-sized P80 was the same, just a hair too crowded. Love my G17 though.

Nice!

I have the Model 32 (same gun, chambered in .357 or .40), and love it.

There’s simply not another OEM that makes a handgun that has higher capacity and horsepower for the size and weight, and then there’s the interchangeability of parts, durability, accuracy, the variety of calibers offered, and on, and on.

The 32, IMO, with the high-powered Underwood Ammunition loads I carry in it, is the ideal woods/camping pistol.

The Underwood ammo I carry in it is equal to .357 Magnum 125g rounds out of a 4” revolver (1500+ FPS, 600+ lb/ft).

And I have a choice of magazines - the flush-fit 13-round, the 15-round from the Glock 31, or the 22-round that was made for the Glock 22.

Tell me another handgun that has more versatility.

Nice!

I have the Model 32 (same gun, chambered in .357 or .40), and love it.

There’s simply not another OEM that makes a handgun that has higher capacity and horsepower for the size and weight, and then there’s the interchangeability of parts, durability, accuracy, the variety of calibers offered, and on, and on.

The 32, IMO, with the high-powered Underwood Ammunition loads I carry in it, is the ideal woods/camping pistol.

The Underwood ammo I carry in it is equal to .357 Magnum 125g rounds out of a 4” revolver (1500+ FPS, 600+ lb/ft).

And I have a choice of magazines - the flush-fit 13-round, the 15-round from the Glock 31, or the 22-round that was made for the Glock 22.

Tell me another handgun that has more versatility.
I built a 31/32, I very much agree. I bought a used 32 slide for a song (police service, well used), then Ceracoated/rebuilt completely. Bought a .357Sig and a .40SW barrel. Polymer80 and good aftermarket parts for the frame. Sweet shooter. Frankly I don't like shooting .40SW in anything smaller, and happy just shooting 10mm in my 20L. 357SIG is just awesome to target shoot. Probably my most accurate Glock.
G31A.jpg

G31B.jpg

@Pablo

Agree about the accuracy.

I put 5 rounds into
Did this after putting a set of TruGlo TFX Pro sights on it. I love those sights! FiberOptic and Tritium.

7ABFE6BB-3829-4F2E-9ECE-CA41A04E18CC.jpeg
7ED7FCAB-6F43-4FFF-8D9A-ADAB66B53898.jpeg
243A9A6D-1817-46DB-B09E-9B4B0DB937EF.jpeg

Last edited:
I installed a 3.5 connector and noticed immediately that it was more difficult to start the "rack" sure enough it caused a stovepipe on the first round. Its out of there. I had already done the polish job. The Disconnect took it from 4.5lb.+ to 4lb. Needless to say its out of there.

I put the 3.5 in my G44 and no problems.

Back