Global Racing Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
My motorcycle dealer just started selling GRO (Global Racing Oil). Does anyone have any experiance with this oil? He claims he's the only dealer in the U.S. selling it right now, at least for motorcycles. Seems pretty popular in Europe. He claims it's better than the most popular motorcycle oils and charges about 2 bucks more a quart for it. Anybody know about this oil??? I did a search , but nothing came up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ccdhowell
Looks like nice stuff, but wouldn't bet it's better, maybe just as good, as the likes of Maxima and Klotz; no need to pay the extra $2 IMO.

+1 No reason to pay more. IMO.....
36.gif

Most motorcycle oils carry a premium in price that is seldom proportionate to the amount of additional quality or protection it will provide. It's like paying 100% more for the oil to gain 1% in additional protection. If common sense prevailed, most of the "Hollywood" oils would be sitting on the shelf with half an inch of dust on it.

I've got over thirty years of motorcycle & ATV ownership/operation. I've run my air cooled ATVs for well over twenty years of dusty, muddy, wet, hot and cold hard service with never an engine issue. Oil of choice Rotella T 15W40. It's also in my Valkyrie, KLR and two newer liquid cooled ATVs. Does anyone really need designer oils??

Last edited:
Good point...
I'm going to try GRO for a short while just for the heck of it, see if I have to turn down any idles on my 4 bikes or maybe as a bonus, the 2 stroke exhaust will have a delightfully sweet smell...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: boraticus

Does anyone really need designer oils??

If you have an air cooled Harley you should be using a MC rated synthetic oil IMO. The new ones run pretty hot compared to the bikes of even 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back