Glassparency Graphine Coating

Not seeing a lot of threads on this product. I know Pan the Organizer and APEX did some videos on this, but was curious what yalls opinions are of it?

I just applied some to one of my cars and all I can say is it smells better, shines better, and applies far easier than the CQ.UK 3.0.

From a guy that is experienced with many coating brands on AG had this to say:

"I have used most of what was brought into the store.

Boost - it is great. Simple silica spray sealant with very nice hydrophobics and very slick.

Graphene Spray Coating - easy to apply. I did not test for durability but good hydrophobic behavior.

Silica Waterless Wash - The new version is much better than the first version. They seemed to solve the streaking issue and also the formula from clumping up with silica. Slick as well. This is similar to the current version of Adams CS3.

S2 soap - tried it and it was ok. Nothing outstanding to where I would by more.

S3 soap - again it is ok. Does not leave protection like other ceramic infused soaps.

Graphene Coating - although easy to work with and decent hydrophobics, it likes to sheet more than other graphene coatings. Similar to DP GR4."

They have a solid product line likely made by B&B blending who also makes Adam's products among many others.

I guess the more I read online the more i'm frustrated with these coatings, they requires as much if not more than a paste wax. Forget the maint and your expensive coating fails. That being said the "boost" spray from glassparency is so easy to use it blows my mind. My issue is the more you have to touch the paint the more it gets scratches. It would be awsome if someone would formulate a coating and you could just leave it alone for 2-3 years.

People generally go into coatings with too high of expectations I've found due to companies overhyping their products and typical consumer ignorance. I'm not for or against them. Some guys are so good with polishing and have their system down they can bang out a car in a few hours and put a coating that will last 1-3 years. On the other hand, you can just apply whatever Sio2 sealant/spray wax each wash and never have an issue. Both spray sealants and consumer coatings have become easier to apply over time. I think the self-cleaning effect of a coating is better, but not as much as coating companies make it out to be.

If you buy a good soap like Carpro Reset or Feynlab Pure you can use that to clean the coating. Toppers are optional.

I guess the more I read online the more i'm frustrated with these coatings, they requires as much if not more than a paste wax. Forget the maint and your expensive coating fails. That being said the "boost" spray from glassparency is so easy to use it blows my mind. My issue is the more you have to touch the paint the more it gets scratches. It would be awsome if someone would formulate a coating and you could just leave it alone for 2-3 years.
IMO just wash with something that has the "topper" built in.

And maintenance products are just to enhance the beading/sheeting. The coating is still there as a sacrificial layer until it is mechanically removed.

Back