Glass Haze On Windshield

Oh probably too much time on my hands...but I can't get my windshield glass clean. If I look at it with a bit of sun glare
I can see it looks like faint vertical soap streaks. I have cleaned it with Vinegar, Windex, Dawn and alcohol both inside and out.
It does seem to be in the wiper area.

I think that some of the streaking on windshields is actually micro scratches caused by fine dust particles getting in the water on the windshield. In the first few wipes, this dirt scratches the windshield until extra water washes it away. The Mr. Clean eraser is a good idea if this is right.

Damp waffle weave MF towel works great on my windows, get's that inside haze clean. ;)

Use some of this if you can still find any

newspapeer.jpg

I find it’s a 2 step process. A drop of dawn in a small bucket with a dobie cuts the haze. Followed up with Sprayway gives you relief from those early morning annoying “sun glare” defects. Might take a a couple of treatments. Just my 2 cents.

Attachments

• DE0E0500-FF1F-49DE-89E6-5ADCFFC07ED8.jpeg
    DE0E0500-FF1F-49DE-89E6-5ADCFFC07ED8.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 7
If something like rainx or what ever it is called is used, it will leave a difficult to remove film. I haven't tried this yet. But this stuff seems to work when nothing else will, and its very cheap, at a dollar store, called LA totally awesome. It cleaned up cooked on corn oil that no other cleaner would touch.

Pro window cleaners like Fish(you can google it, they’re legit) use HDX Window cleaner(available at Home Depot) A swipe with a Dobie(not a doobie) followed by a rinse and then believe it or not,a blow dry with a leaf blower to eliminate water spots. Then finish with Sprayway, Windex, your favorite. If you try to do it in one step you’re just smearing dirt around.

This 1886 bon-ami. Wipe and scrub wet. Let dry to a haze. Wipe off dry haze with paper towels.

Rinsing with water will make more spots/haze.

Follow with Griots si02 spray wax.

IMG_20220904_170027140.jpg
IMG_20220904_170228834_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220904_170228834_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220904_170228834_HDR.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 8
Back