Glad I removed my Purolator L14610

Status
Not open for further replies.
After hearing all the horror stories with Purolators, I decided I needed to change my oil today. This is what fell out with the oil:

0709141807.jpg

Glad I only ran it for 500 miles.

Uh, I'm not saying you are lying, but that doesn't look like that came from the filter. Without pics of the filter cut open, it's just spreading rumor.
49.gif

Originally Posted By: tony1679
Uh, I'm not saying you are lying, but that doesn't look like that came from the filter. Without pics of the filter cut open, it's just spreading rumor.
49.gif

I'm not spreading any rumors. All I said was that that came out with the oil
smile.gif
I never said that was from the Purolator itself
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Please cut the filter open i would be interested in seeing the findings.
So would I ... unfortunately, I don't have the tools or resources to cut it open right now.

Originally Posted By: Rosetta
Is that paper fiberglass or cotton cloth?
I have no idea ... it didn't feel like the texture of cotton though.

So you are saying that came through the drain plug hole?
This looks like piece of paper towel that was left in the catch drain pan, then got soaked in used oil.
Where in usa are you located, maybe a follow member can help you cut open your p1.
Are you willing and able to ship it to someone to open it for you and post pics?

Originally Posted By: cookiemonster
49.gif

smile.gif
wink.gif

I dont have a horse in this race and could care less. The stash I have I'm like all over but you posed what you did and there was a clear innuendo it was from the filter. Flame me away but I think the others who read this got the same impression.

I've said my P1 and white cans have been good for a while but my stash is from earlier when the P's were getting good press. New I moved to the Fram UG just because I don't waht to take the chance.

So please post pics or explain further.

To me.. it looks like a paper towel soaked in oil. It looks transparent whatever it is.. oil filter media is not transparent when soaked in oil, so its definitely NOT filter media.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Too big to make it through the oil galleries, nor through the drain plug hole. Unless you took the oil pan off...
No ... I didn't take the oil pan off. I just did a regular oil change.

Why couldn't it go through the drain plug hole? It's quite thin and flimsy ... maybe 3-4 inches in length.

Originally Posted By: cookiemonster
49.gif

smile.gif
wink.gif

So why are you glad that you removed this filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back