Glad I removed my Purolator L14610

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is strange indeed ... could be in first place for the 2014 Strange Thread Award.
eek.gif

All facts:

You put the thread in the oil filter section....

You insinuated that the paper towel was part of the oil filter.....

You tried to cover your tracks with RIDICULOUS covers.....

You are a troll.....

You guys don't wrap your drain plugs with paper towels for a tighter fit?

OP cut the filter open.

Originally Posted By: actionstan
Originally Posted By: cookiemonster
Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Why did you change the oil, too, after just 500 miles? Why not JUST the filter? I'm not calling you a liar, but, I do not believe the story.
500 miles for break in purposes.

Wait.. you said previously you had no engine work.. so either this is a new vehicle, or a rebuilt engine? If it was a new vehicle.. I could imagine something getting left behind quality control is never perfect.. if it was rebuilt... well then.. there is a lot of room for human error.

EDIT: I went back in read, you bought this car new.. how many miles on it now?
1000 miles now.

I'm probably wasting my time here, but here goes.

You bought the car new and dumped the ff super early at 500 miles (a complete waste, but that's your choice). Now you put on another 500 miles and dumped the oil and the filter early again? Another complete waste.

I'm trying to understand what is the purpose of this thread? The fact it's got 60+ is somewhat mystifying but I guess I'm just as guilty of feeding the troll by responding.

This almost reminds of the dude who posted in that Camry DIY thread.

I wasn't aware that a NEW car came with a Puro classic from the factory, especially not relabeled............

Originally Posted By: sir1900
I'm probably wasting my time here, but here goes. You bought the car new and dumped the ff super early at 500 miles (a complete waste, but that's your choice). Now you put on another 500 miles and dumped the oil and the filter early again? Another complete waste. I'm trying to understand what is the purpose of this thread?
I am of the opinion that synthetic oil (what the car came with) does not break in piston rings as well as conventional, and that I need frequent initial changes during break in. So, I swapped out the synthetic upon purchase, and again at 500 miles (with the Purolator), and (most recently) at 1000 miles/3 months (for both warranty and break-in purposes).

The purpose of this thread was simply to share what I surprisingly found in my oil when I changed it, and to possibly receive some educated guesses as to what it is, but sadly, have found mostly trolls to mock me. I will give a "thank you" to all those who didn't troll me, and responded politely with genuinely helpful responses.

Quote:
The fact it's got 60+ is somewhat mystifying but I guess I'm just as guilty of feeding the troll by responding. This almost reminds of the dude who posted in that Camry DIY thread.
I don't presume to have the level of knowledge about oils and filters that most people probably have here, and perhaps many believe I'm trolling as a result, in light of my limited knowledge.

I don't think you're lying about this showing up in your oil drain pan, but I really don't believe it's from the filter. It looks like some sort of debris that may have blown into your pan while draining, or perhaps it was already in the pan before you drained the oil and it blended in because it was already saturated with oil? Just a thought.

Originally Posted By: Rand
this post is just a bunch of trolling

probably a banned member coming back to "poop"-stirrer.

Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif
Trolling.gif

This. And,

Originally Posted By: CELICA_XX
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Too big to make it through the oil galleries, nor through the drain plug hole. Unless you took the oil pan off...

Exactly.

1. That would never just flow out of the drain plug hole.

2. And if it did... it would have to ORIGINATE in the oil pan.

this.

I suggest a moderator close, and even delete this thread.

I am of the opinion that synthetic oil (what the car came with) does not break in piston rings as well as conventional, and that I need frequent initial changes during break in. So, I swapped out the synthetic upon purchase, and again at 500 miles (with the Purolator), and (most recently) at 1000 miles/3 months (for both warranty and break-in purposes).

Wow, what a serious waste of oil (and money). Does BITOG still propagate the myth of oil change every 500 miles for break-in? I'm not current with BITOG anymore (I got a life).

Wow, what a serious waste of oil (and money). Does BITOG still propagate the myth of oil change every 500 miles for break-in? I'm not current with BITOG anymore (I got a life).

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Band-aid?

Looks like regular kitchen paper towel that could of been in the oil pan and you didnt realize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back