Glad I removed my Purolator L14610

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debris from bottom of car fell into drain pan during oil change.

Debris stuck to shirt fell into oil pan when reaching under car to change oil.

Debris blown into oil drain pan from garage floor during oil change.

You get the idea...................

50.gif

It got sucked up into the drain pan......

Maybe you should just never change your oil, then your won't have this problem.

Originally Posted By: cookiemonster

Not once did I blame the Purolator for it. If anyone read this "between the lines", this is the product of your own imagination.
eek.gif

Seriously, you titled the thread "Glad I removed my Purolator L14610". Perhaps "Glad I changed my oil" would have been more fitting. Since it appears you just tossed paper into your oil drain pan this thread should be locked up as it is a waste of time.

Plus one on the paper towel... I know all about oil soaked paper towels.. I smell a new member
Trolling.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sjstangman

Not once did I blame the Purolator for it. If anyone read this "between the lines", this is the product of your own imagination.
eek.gif

Seriously, you titled the thread "Glad I removed my Purolator L14610".

...and you posted it in the oil filter sub forum.

Man.... I didn't even want to comment on this.. Having too much fun pressing my F5 key and reading the hilarious posts! I may need to change my rubber domes early and see if any paper towels come out!

36.gif

Last edited:
The filter looked fine to my eye. All I know is that the pan was empty when I loosened the drain plug.

The pan was empty after only running the engine 500 miles on the last oil change? Fishy smell creepin' in.
eek.gif

The filter looked fine to my eye. All I know is that the pan was empty when I loosened the drain plug.
The pan was empty? So what did you change? The air in the pan? So filter not opened, nothing in oil pan, and sliver of paper in catch pan = something that smells and it is not used motor oil.

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Why did you change the oil, too, after just 500 miles? Why not JUST the filter? I'm not calling you a liar, but, I do not believe the story.
500 miles for break in purposes.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

The pan was empty after only running the engine 500 miles on the last oil change? Fishy smell creepin' in.
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
The pan was empty? So what did you change? The air in the pan? So filter not opened, nothing in oil pan, and sliver of paper in catch pan = something that smells and it is not used motor oil.

"The pan" in my post was my reference to the oil container used to catch the oil that came from the car.

Originally Posted By: subaroo
op.....please....nice try....
I have better things to do than to spend valuable time making stories up for the internet - that's kinda sick, and my life and time is worth more than that. What I write is the truth as I see it. Sorry (some of) you guys don't believe me.

Oh well.

Originally Posted By: subaroo
op.....please....nice try....
I have better things to do than to spend valuable time making stories up for the internet - that's kinda sick. What I write is the truth as I see it. Sorry (some of) you guys don't believe me.

Oh well.

Common tongue of the trolls! Not to degrade your explanations any further, but without that filter being cut open (as previously mentioned), you really shouldn't be trying to defend your multiple stories. You are just digging yourself a deeper hole -- especially with your original intent of flaming Purolator.

Originally Posted By: lugNutz
cookiemonster said:
Common tongue of the trolls! Not to degrade your explanations any further, but without that filter being cut open (as previously mentioned), you really shouldn't be trying to defend your multiple stories. You are just digging yourself a deeper hole
I have one "story", as far as I'm concerned, and I will continue to defend it in the face of trolls on this thread.

Quote:
-- especially with your original intent of flaming Purolator.

Are you trolling? Please do not assume my intent.

Originally Posted By: GreenFocus
This looks like piece of paper towel that was left in the catch drain pan, then got soaked in used oil.

This, or it was stuck up somewhere near the oil filter (or elsewhere) and just fell in during the change.

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Why did you change the oil, too, after just 500 miles? Why not JUST the filter? I'm not calling you a liar, but, I do not believe the story.
500 miles for break in purposes.

Wait.. you said previously you had no engine work.. so either this is a new vehicle, or a rebuilt engine? If it was a new vehicle.. I could imagine something getting left behind quality control is never perfect.. if it was rebuilt... well then.. there is a lot of room for human error.

EDIT: I went back in read, you bought this car new.. how many miles on it now?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Too big to make it through the oil galleries, nor through the drain plug hole. Unless you took the oil pan off...

Exactly.

1. That would never just flow out of the drain plug hole.

2. And if it did... it would have to ORIGINATE in the oil pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back