Giving Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to graduate from high school, one must complete a senior project.

Numerous Senior Projects have involved coordinating a blood drive with the local blood bank. As a result, more than thirty people at our school donate on a semi-monthly basis during the school year.

However, I'm not one of them, as I'm scared of needles.

I haven't in years, but would still do it if a boold mobile came around. I've always viewed giving blood as a body's oil change.

Given the number of employees at power stations, they used to park a bus out the front of the power station. It was so popular that you had to book, and they were full all day.

Now the bus parks in town, and people need to take a half day off work to donate...and they complain that they are going to terminate this "service", due to lack of participants, forcing people to go another 40 miles.

Whatever works for them I guess.

quote:

Originally posted by The Critic:
I'm scared of needles.

If you totally avoid looking its a piece of cake.

quote:

Originally posted by :wavinwayne
Lifesouth always gives me a T-shirt & a coupon for a free medium Dominos Pizza each time I donate

Wow, you Southern Rednecks now how to do things right
wink.gif

My Dad died from Hepatitis received from a blood donor.
He had a severe ulcer .
Of course, the Hospital and Doctors made tons of money, and have no responsibility.

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:
I guess there is always an urgent need for O-Neg. blood.

Wow. That's some pretty rare blood there Mr. Universal Donor. I've met lots of O+, but haven't come across an O-.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by twb:
At age 48, I hit 9 gallons on my last whole blood donation. I've donated about a gallon of platelets, and done 5 "double red blood cell" donations.

Yea, my hat is off to you. I think I'm 3 pints over a gallon bc it was too hard earlier. I'll never catch up to you, but I'll try.
smile.gif

probably still a backlash after what the red cross did with everyone's blood when everyone donated after 9/11...

i can drain my blood into the trash can in the comfort of my own home, thanks.

Okay, I rarely post on any forum, and I rarely boast, but here I go doing both at once!

At age 48, I hit 9 gallons on my last whole blood donation. I've donated about a gallon of platelets, and done 5 "double red blood cell" donations. I'll probably never do platelets again because I'm going out of mind stir crazy by the end of the two hours. I'm a great candidate for double reds because my count is right at the upper limit. So that my new gig.

If you are healthy and able, please donate.

quote:

Originally posted by Laminar Lou:
Wow. That's some pretty rare blood there Mr. Universal Donor. I've met lots of O+, but haven't come across an O-.
cheers.gif

I'm O- too. I'm reeeeal popular with the clinic. As soon as I'm eligible to donate again, they're ringing my phone to set an appointment. Vampires, I call them, always wanting my blood.
shocked.gif

I donated twice in my life, because I am afraid of needles and my arm feel numb for the whole day afterward.

The first time, I just wanted to find out what blood time I am (I always thought I am AB, and I found out that I am AB that time).

The second time, I feel guilty not donating for such a long time.

It would really help if they give out free pizza slices after the donation. As a hungry engineer, I would donate every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back