Give the gift of auto repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then they marry and their spouse forbids them from performing any work on any vehicle because they fear you'll break something and due to the resulting tow the whole job will end up costing more.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Ha-ha Atlanta. Read your post then read your signature.

"It took untold generations of "spouse hounding" to get you where you are..."

Be good and wash your hands....this goes for everybody.

Cheers...from a distance

I posted on my Facebook wall yesterday that anyone not working right now due to shutdowns can come to me and I'll do car work for only the cost of the parts/stuff needed. I have a TON of friends in the service industry and they're all really in a bad spot.

Funny... I kinda met my wife because she had noisy brakes. I fixed em for her and we started dating. Now, she hates it when I fix other peoples cars.

I constantly teach my fifteen year old how to do stuff. I even have him help me do repairs on diesels at my brothers generator shop. Doesnt hurt that we pay him.

Later this year, were going to build a fresh 5.3 for the Suburban. Also going to restore a 1968 roadrunner. Hes very excited.

Good , helps keep him off the street , or off the internet / game machine . And helps teach him how to work .

I bought my oldest daughter a new 2002 Honda civic coupe with the 5 speed manual for high school graduation. We spent the afternoon puttering around a mall parking lot for about an hour and she had the manual down cold. Many years later when moving to Denver one of the moving vans was a manual transmission and neither her husband or his 3 friends could drive it so she had to do it and run their faces in it on social media lol.
All 4 of my kids can ride motorcycles, drive manuals and change tires and oil. Simple things that can save them untold dollars in the future. All is needed is to take the time to teach them. Time is money they say. Time spent with the kids is priceless.

Youngest son at 8 years old on a 250 race bike.

Screenshot_20200318-183942_Instagram.jpg

Originally Posted by Kira
Ha-ha Atlanta. Read your post then read your signature.

"It took untold generations of "spouse hounding" to get you where you are..."

Be good and wash your hands....this goes for everybody.

Cheers...from a distance

grin2.gif
If you only knew.

My oldest kid is turning 4 in a few weeks, so she's a little too young to start auto repairs. But today, she helped me epoxy glue some of her broken toys back together.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back