girly shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girly shots are very important to know in my opinion, especially if you're out with an esoteric group. While I have no problem with straight shots of anything, my best friend prefers not to (he's an old frat guy) and most people that I hang out with would usually rather buy mixed drinks if they're not drinking beer. It's important that they taste and look exceptional in the sense they fill the void between the three previously mentioned options (wine people don't do shots, or not at the same place), because a few rounds of shots can get expensive, and no one really gets buzzed off them anyway. It's really more of a social thing. That said, these are two of my tested favorites, and always go over well. If you have any of your own, please feel free to share.

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake:
1:1 pineapple juice and vanilla vodka, and a splash of amaretto, shaken. After pouring, slide a little grenadine down the side of the glass so it sinks to the bottom... it looks cool, like a pineapple upside-down cake!
shocked2.gif
grin2.gif

Dirty Girl Scout:
There are multiple variations on this (as with above, but not as many). The best in my opinion is 1:1:1:1 Kahlua, Baileys, crème de menthe (green looks better) and vodka, shaken. Tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream.
55.gif

Chocolate Cake Shot
1/2 shot Absolut Citron Vodka
1/2 shot Frangelico
1 lemon wedge

Mix equal parts Absolut Citron and Frangelico into a shot glass. Drink the shot, and follow it immediately by sucking on a sugar-coated lemon wedge. You will not believe how much it tastes like chocolate cake.
This one always works well as a transition toward more 'grownup' shots:

Irish Car Bomb
Half-pint of Guiness in a standard pint glass
Fill a standard shot glass 2/3 full of Irish whiskey and 1/3 full of Irish cream. Wait until just before taking the shot to pour the cream. As soon as you finish the cream pour, drop the shotglass into the pint glass and drink as fast as possible. Tastes quite alot like a milkshake.
After you've had enough and it's time to break things up and end the night or it's somebody's birthday and you want to buy them a shot, I recommend this one. It's not for the faint of heart:

The Four Horsemen
1 part Jim Beam
1 part Jack Daniels
1 part Johnny Walker
1 part Jameson

That's it. After you take that, it's pretty much over with. I always buy this for people's birthday.

It would probably be good to know how to make some girly shots, but I've never bought any and couldn't ever see myself spending money on something that is basically candy at alcohol prices. Baha Rosa (strawberry tequila) and Sour Puss are good simple options for girls that aren't into the harder stuff. I prefer tequila and Jager, and the girls will usually go along as long as you give them salt and lemon for the tequila.

The Irish Car Bomb sounds good.

I was really let down that an Irish Car Bomb was listed as a girly shot.

Then I saw the four horsemen.

GreenAccord, I don't think you understand what a girly drink is. Though I do hope to be in Houston on my birthday next year...

Best shot I ever tasted...

The Dead Frog.

Sounds like your Dirty Girl Scout, it basically tastes like Chocolate Chip Mint Icecream. Rumplemintz is the main ingrediant, i forget what else is used to make it.

Oh btw, avoid the Red Snapper and the Pink Squirrel. If you do have them, be sure you know how to b-line to the bathroom to vomit as they are disgusting.

The red snapper is basically a V8 looking drink with horse-radish and alcohal(/bleh).

Originally Posted By: bepperb
I was really let down that an Irish Car Bomb was listed as a girly shot.

Then I saw the four horsemen.

GreenAccord, I don't think you understand what a girly drink is. Though I do hope to be in Houston on my birthday next year...

Well, you know, the man's version of the Irish Car Bomb is a Boilermaker. Drop a shot of whiskey in a full pint of light beer (miller lite does well) and take the whole thing to the face.

Here's the girliest drink I know next to a Shirley Temple:
Sex with an Alligator

Sweet and sour mix
Midori melon liqueur
1/2 oz raspberry liqueur
1/2 oz Jagermeister® herbal liqueur

Add sweet and sour & Midori to a shaker w/ice, shake and strain. Layer in raspberry liqueur and jager. Raspberry should go to the bottom and jager should float on top. Works best in Martini glass.

Originally Posted By: Julian
because a few rounds of shots can get expensive, and no one really gets buzzed off them anyway.

If you're doing rounds of girly shots at 10 pm, then sure you're not gonna get buzzed and be out a wad!

Do 3 doubles of 80 proof liquor during happy hour and get back to us!

Girly shot...
3 fingers bourbon with water/coke and ice to quench the fire

Man shot...
3 fingers bourbon
AGAIN
3 fingers bourbon
Beer chaser (kind of girly)

Originally Posted By: pickled
Girly shot...
3 fingers bourbon with water/coke and ice to quench the fire

Man shot...
3 fingers bourbon
AGAIN
3 fingers bourbon
Beer chaser (kind of girly)

Are you George Thorogood?
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
because a few rounds of shots can get expensive, and no one really gets buzzed off them anyway.

If you're doing rounds of girly shots at 10 pm, then sure you're not gonna get buzzed and be out a wad!

Actually, it was 9pm last night... and that was kind of the idea.
grin2.gif
56.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

You need the sugar to help the buzz. Straight will get you drunk, but it's a quick up:down. The girly drinks go down so easy that you can manage much more volume.

Tanqueray in something like 7up or Dew ..you can consume it by the tumbler. Now about halfway through the second tumbler ..you may need to check if your gyro stabilizers are in sync ....

I never enjoyed the taste of hard liquor. I think when Joyce and I were clubbing I did Tequila Sunrises. The bar tender thought I spilled the things. Later, in our 30's, we'd walk to a nice corner bar with live entertainment. We'd do it about every 12 weeks. I graduated to 7&7 and would polish off about 15 of them over the evening. I'd heckle the entertainment. They knew we were harmless and were walking ..so the juice flowed.

I never was a cultured consumer of liquor. Liquor is something I'll never "enjoy" for anything other than its effects (and those days are long gone). Beer is fine with a spicy meal ..but I consume too much liquid to ever use it as a regular beverage ..wine if fine but also falls into the above restrictions.

I always thought that they were serving cranberry juice cocktail in the saloon scenes in westerns when I was a kid. I guess that impression kinda stuck.

Girly shots are very important

This is a different kind of girly shot but I agree very much. When I left work tonight and when I walked to my car I saw those two girls parked next to my car. Turns out there cousins and they like ice cream. As do I!
LOL.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back