girls and mowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
my GF left the opening on the mower gas can open. out doors. yep you guessed it. WATER. its fixed now

I think men beat up and break mowers also. I guess it really depends upon whether the person is mowing the grass with pride in how the lawn will look or out of need to get it over with.

A safety gas can would have a spring loaded cap, cannot leave it open to the rain.

water is heavier than gasoline
just pour the gas off slowly and then you can get rid of the water without tremendous amt of waste
Be sure and let can dry before refilling it

I do all of the work on my cars, because I do it better than the "professional" shops. I restructured and insulated my roof, because I can do it better than the "professionals". My mower has been running faultlessly for 15 years, because no "professional" has touched it. Two weeks ago, I spent two hours mowing my lawn, before I realized I left the fuel cap off.

We're all human and SH** happens... not just to women.

Not quite clear--did she leave the gas cap off the mower, or off the gas can?

If she's the girlfriend then she's old enough to be a woman, right?

My wife ran into my lawn trailer several years ago and broke the hood on my JD mower....I bungee corded it on...she was mowing a month ago and tried to mow close to a large shrub by approaching it head on...a stick from the shrub got caught in the grille and when she backed up it pulled the grille off... I bungee corded it on...! A two piece hood along with a new grille is around $800 from mother Deere! I whined and moaned for a while after each "accident" but she'll be back on it next week because she loves yard work and riding that old mower. She definitely has a love hate relationship with that mower!

Originally Posted by loneryder
Women are known to destroy mowers, especially after operating them.

Yes, very cunning to "never be allowed to mess with the mower again".

My wife is good to go with the mower when necessary.
thumbsup2.gif

the other issue i have is that she cant pull hard. she is 77 but looks like she is 50. and all ways looks like she just stepped out of a fashion magazine. we are hoping to get married soon.

Last edited:
I saw a girl about my age, so early 30's she was riding a dixie chopper mower and needless to say I was in love. Of course i'm pretty sure my jaw was dropped to the ground and she was also giving me a funny look.

I'm in the lawn care business if some of you guys didn't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by loneryder
Women are known to destroy mowers, especially after operating them.

Dumb men screw them up too. Seen it many times.

Originally Posted by andyd
gman2304 Cable ties and Gorilla Tape An ugly mower is nothing in return for a wife who mows.
grin2.gif

^this
I've been married 14 years and she has started the mower at least four times...

Leaving the gas cap off is not nearly as bad as putting straight gas in a brand new Lawnboy 2 cycle mower and cutting the grass while I was out of town.

Trust me, according to my neighbor, you never want to hear what a 2 cycle engine sounds like at WOT starving for premixed lubrication.

As someone who fixes small engines and cars on the side, a lot of the women I help with equipment problems are usually pretty conscientious about things like weird noises and checking the oil. Many of the guys on the other hand couldn't be bothered to add oil or read the manual. There are idiots from both genders though, I wouldn't say one is necessarily "known" to destroy or damage machines more than the other.

I'd say right now my worst customer is the middle aged suburban dad. Buys a new mower, neglects it due to being busy with other things (kids, etc) then is tight on money so wants it fixed for nothing. Younger people just starting out seem to take care of their stuff and read manuals because they can't afford breakdowns, and older people are usually more meticulous or have been fixing their own stuff but can't anymore due to health issues. There are exceptions to all of those categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back