Girl buzzed by me in the Costco lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to Costco yesterday and started walking across the parking lot. Gal in a CRV comes flying around the corner. I see her and hesitated while still walking at a brisk pace.

So as I get out of her way she punches it going for a parking spot about 40 feet away. As she flew past me I slapped the CRV pretty hard twice. Then I thought I'll go over to give my piece of mind. I said something to the effect that thanks for almost running me down, your an f xxx ing menace on the road. I then noticed a guy getting out as well, and thought I hope this does not escalate.

She said " Then you should have gotten the heck out of the way" using the the word that ends with 2 lls . When I got out of Costco who do a see getting back in the car. Mean while she has a baby in the car seat. Great mom. Being a reasonable guy I felt like apologizing for reacting so harshly and letting an F bomb fly. Then the more reasonable side of my brain said naa. I can't believe people drive so fast in parking lots where a little kid could run out behind a vehicle and get hit etc.

Also I never learn that no matter how stupid people behave, that when confronted by me they act like I'm the idiot!

Come on people have a little humanity........

I approached a gentleman that 'challenged' my wife and myself in a parking lot with his car. He was not as eager to 'challenge' me without his car.
Maroons, they are out there.

Some idiot at Home Depot parked his new F-150 across 3 spots yesterday. I lucked out and he was leaving as I walked out. I gave my opinion on his parking. He disagreed with my conclusions.
grin.gif

The outright selfishness of many people astounds me.

Originally Posted By: Taildragger
Maroons, they are out there.

Umm, you mean morons? Must be the spell check.

Just yesterday we almost got hit as a lady and her two friends tried to dart from one aisle to the aisle I'm in and was aiming for the parking spot I was about to pull into.

Got lucky on that one.

I hate when people just shoot from aisle to aisle. I will use a group of spaces as a cut across, but I look before going into the driving space.

Be careful speaking your mind to people in parking lots.

Last time I was involved with someone telling someone else how they felt about a Walmart parking lot incident, the other party threatened us with a handgun they had in their car.

Our neighbor confronted someone that cut them off in the parking lot at a different Walmart, and that resulted in two of their car windows being smashed out by the other person. Police got involved, etc.

I know sometimes it can feel good to tell people how idiotic or dangerous their behavior is, but sometimes it is just better to let it go. You never know what frame of mind that person is in and what they will do to you if you confront them.

When Mensa types box your car in from behind on the street it's nice to have a good sized trailer hitch with which to "encourage" a little more space to work with when leaving.

Last edited:
I just park way out by my lonesome and walk in to the store.
I get the biggest kick out of women driving around in circles looking for a parking spot close so they don't have to walk at all. It felt good yesterday to see a cop giving a ticket to a woman parked illegally in a handicapped spot. I don't confront anyone. You wanna act like a fool, that's your business, not mine.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Some idiot at Home Depot parked his new F-150 across 3 spots yesterday. I lucked out and he was leaving as I walked out. I gave my opinion on his parking. He disagreed with my conclusions.
grin.gif

Why do you care where he parks? Unless the lot is full its not your store and not your parking lot. People need to worry about their own lives and quit complaining so much when it doesn't directly affect them.

I have taken up two spots before when there is lots of open places and I could care less what other people think. Its none of their business.

Originally Posted By: ryster
I know sometimes it can feel good to tell people how idiotic or dangerous their behavior is, but sometimes it is just better to let it go. You never know what frame of mind that person is in and what they will do to you if you confront them.

I'd say, this^

New mom? Maybe she's coming to terms with her new "life". Maybe it's not what she expected. Wait 'till the kid's a teenager...

One time in a Walmart checkout line I saw a toddler climbing between the shopping cart and the belt on the checkout line. If the cart shifted a little bit, he would have gone splat on the floor. I absently minded (thinking aloud when I shouldn't have) quietly muttered "that doesn't look safe". The lady caught wind of what I said and reacted way out of proportion. I remember her saying I should "filter it" and a bunch of other stuff. I didn't say a word, I was dumbfounded, the cashier was dumbfounded. She just blew off steam and we let her move along. I suspect her life wasn't giving her what she wanted and she was jut ripe & ready to give anyone a piece of her mind.

Yeah, if somebody had a weapon, a situation like that could turn real ugly.

Human emotions, it gets crazy.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
grin.gif

Why do you care where he parks? Unless the lot is full its not your store and not your parking lot. People need to worry about their own lives and quit complaining so much when it doesn't directly affect them.

I have taken up two spots before when there is lots of open places and I could care less what other people think. Its none of their business.

When you take up two or more spaces, then yes, it is my [censored] business. The fact you admit it and say it's non of anyone else's business means your a completely selfish [removed] that thinks you and your vehicle is more important than everyone else.

You're the self important **** that needs to get a life.

Last edited by a moderator:
grin.gif

Those parking spots are designed for one per car/truck/suv. anyone taking up more than one spot, is an idiot. I don't care if the parking lot is totally empty. Follow the rules like everyone else does.

You park in multiple spots, then everyone will do it and say "it's none of your business". bad habits, bring bad behavior.

Yes it doesn't feel very satisfying after giving a piece of my mind. That's why I feel like I should just keep my mouth shut. But when somebody who has maybe never had anybody do that to them, they might think like it's no big deal. She probably has no clue how it feels for a vehicle go that fast so close to her.

I think the girls hormones maybe were raging. When I came back to my car, they were getting into theirs. The baby was crying as well. Maybe her and the guy were fighting as well?

this leaves out an important piece of imformation.

If the d-bag does this is at the end of the parking lot 100ft away from the nearest car.. who cares.

If they do it in the middle of the busy section of the parking lot.. yes they are an idiot and I hope someone with a pos car parks 2" from their driver door.

Wow. Drivers hauling through parking lots is really upsetting (and potentially lethal).
I avoid confrontation but there's no joy in becoming somebody's hood ornament.

Costco, for all its local sales tax revenue and decent jobs, is one of the few PNW's exports
I'd prefer never found its way to my 'hood as it brings out the worst in some people.

I refuse to personally shop there and instead send the little woman (who "loves" it!) whilst I watch F1. win/win

About the taking up multiple spaces, I have done that when I'm driving my dads Ram 2500 QC LB, but I do it towards the very back of the lot and I take up a space and the one behind/in front of it because that's a long truck.

Must be crazy in the parking lot day. Today after Church, my wife and I decide to use a gift card and have a sit down meal at a local steakhouse. As we're crossing the parking lot, fellow comes flying through in a little pick up truck and cuts in front of us, zips to the other side of the parking lot and parks. I told my wife, "I'm gonna go talk to that fellow."

"No you won't" she says as she grabs my hand and pulls me inside.

All I could do was give him my evil "Forest Gump" look.

That's all I have to say about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back