Girl buzzed by me in the Costco lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't confront people like that around here. Too many people with guns walking around.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
^^^This is the kind of behavior responsible gun owners detest.

I am amazed, but not too surprised...

I agree.

That was "brandishing". Had that been me on the receiving end, I would have recorded the plate and turned him in. It seems like he's a hothead with a gun- just what we don't need.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard
Originally Posted By: jcwit
Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Glad I live far, far away from you. Keep you f'ing hands off my vehicle.

Someday you likely will run into someone bigger than you who has a pair.

I think the point is to keep a safe distance and that wouldn't happen- I'm sure you'd allow a safe passing distance... Right?

Don't buzz people who are cycling or jogging on the road. A minimum 3' is the standard in many states. Any closer and cyclist and joggers odds of getting seriously injured by some retard behind the wheel goes way up. How would you feel if your safety, health and well being were threatened? What about your wife? Your kids? By your comment about keeping hands off your car, I bet not well. So don't get all up in arms about someone who is trying to get people to give him some room. What's he supposed to do? Yell at them as they drive by? Finger them? Wave them over? The best alternative would be to record their plate and turn them in, but even that has it's shortcomings. Namely, as of yet, Iowa doesn't have a safe passing distance law (at least not that I know of) so there is little the police could do. Also, he may no have pen, paper or phone to record/call in. A slap on the side of the car is harmless and a way to communicate to the driver that he/she is too close.

I don't "buzz" people in parking lots nor anywhere else for that matter.
However I have had my car "slapped" once, my reply was to keep his f'ing hands off my car, the message was very clear when he noted my handgun under my jacket, and his apology was accepted.

I've also been approached with a tire iron in a parking lot, for whatever reason, I have no idea. That time I drew as I thought I was likely in serious danger. The guy with the tire iron took off, what he actually had in mind I'm still not sure of.

You "flashed" your gun after someone touched your car? Wow...

I'm not worried about meeting someone bigger than me that has a pair...its people who flash weapons for touching cars that has me worried. I can lose a fight and live to talk about it. Flashing a weapon when your life is clearly not being threatened tells a lot about the kind of person you are.

No, I did not "flash" a gun, in Indiana one does not need to conceal carry. There are times I do not, that was one of the times my sidearm was on my side exposed. When I got out of the car to mail a letter the idiot saw it. No I did not enter a post office it was a mail box on the sidewalk.

Next time do not read extra into a post, at least mine.

Furthermore after reading your post I know for a fact you have no idea what kind of person I am but I do see you do a lot of assuming.

Last edited:
Glad I live far, far away from you. Keep you f'ing hands off my vehicle.

Someday you likely will run into someone bigger than you who has a pair.

However I have had my car "slapped" once, my reply was to keep his f'ing hands off my car, the message was very clear when he noted my handgun under my jacket, and his apology was accepted.

I've also been approached with a tire iron in a parking lot, for whatever reason, I have no idea. That time I drew as I thought I was likely in serious danger. The guy with the tire iron took off, what he actually had in mind I'm still not sure of.

I'm not worried about meeting someone bigger than me that has a pair...its people who flash weapons for touching cars that has me worried. I can lose a fight and live to talk about it. Flashing a weapon when your life is clearly not being threatened tells a lot about the kind of person you are.

No, I did not "flash" a gun, in Indiana one does not need to conceal carry. There are times I do not, that was one of the times my sidearm was on my side exposed. When I got out of the car to mail a letter the idiot saw it. No I did not enter a post office it was a mail box on the sidewalk.

Furthermore after reading your post I know for a fact you have no idea what kind of person I am but I do see you do a lot of assuming.

I don't think I have to assume anything.

Saying that I deserve physical harm (to be beat up by someone bigger with a pair) for simply slapping a vehicle with an open hand that is already endangering my life says enough about the kind of person you are IMHO.

I take great pride and care of my vehicles, but if I drove close enough to someone that they could reach out and slap my vehicle, then it would be ME the driver who should do the apologizing. I am pretty sure I would be saying a prayer for that person right then and there for not hitting them, and if I was going to be stopping anywhere close to them, you can bet I would be the one saying I was sorry.

Placing higher value on your car not being slapped over nearly hitting someone says enough.

Get her license plate and look her up and ask for a date!
smile.gif

No need to do any assuming. Youre legally carrying, that guy was in the wrong.

But it does raise eyebrows when you imply that a firearm is part of the conversation with the guy who slapped your car, or why he said he was sorry.

Im not sure a jury anywhere would accept a car slap in a parking lot as basis to escalate the "conversation" with a firearm. Why you would even mention it is beyond me.

A tire iron is a different story and you were every bit right to draw there.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

No need to do any assuming. Youre legally carrying, that guy was in the wrong.

But it does raise eyebrows when you imply that a firearm is part of the conversation with the guy who slapped your car, or why he said he was sorry.

Im not sure a jury anywhere would accept a car slap in a parking lot as basis to escalate the "conversation" with a firearm. Why you would even mention it is beyond me.

A tire iron is a different story and you were every bit right to draw there.

Wasn't any "conversation", I told him to keep his f'ening hands off my car, he said sorry, we both went on our way. In fact I know the guy, he lives close to the town I live in, he's a jerk to put it mildly. More than likely he saw my sidearm, sorta hard to miss.

I went to school with his boss, shortly after my run in with him he was fired for actions where he worked.

Guess I'll just be the jerk here, it's only ever happened once in my 56 years of driving, not like it's a daily event.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Get her license plate and look her up and ask for a date!
smile.gif

Right on!!
11.gif
Was she hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back