Girl buzzed by me in the Costco lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Some idiot at Home Depot parked his new F-150 across 3 spots yesterday. I lucked out and he was leaving as I walked out. I gave my opinion on his parking. He disagreed with my conclusions.
grin.gif

The outright selfishness of many people astounds me.

Why do you care where he parks? Unless the lot is full its not your store and not your parking lot. People need to worry about their own lives and quit complaining so much when it doesn't directly affect them.

I have taken up two spots before when there is lots of open places and I could care less what other people think. Its none of their business.

When you take up two or more spaces, then yes, it is my [censored] business. The fact you admit it and say it's non of anyone else's business means your a completely selfish assface that thinks you and your vehicle is more important than everyone else.

You're the self important **** that needs to get a life.

Yep, they are self important idiots, who think what they want is more important than screwing over a few people who could have used those spots.

I have been in a number of tight parking lots where parking was at a premium and some dope tries to take two. Back when I was 17 and had a junk VW Golf I took great glee in sticking my junker about 3in away from their expensive new ride. That's what you get for being a [censored].

On the plus side in most cities such foolish behavior is nipped in the bud with tow trucks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Some idiot at Home Depot parked his new F-150 across 3 spots yesterday. I lucked out and he was leaving as I walked out. I gave my opinion on his parking. He disagreed with my conclusions.
grin.gif

Why do you care where he parks? Unless the lot is full its not your store and not your parking lot. People need to worry about their own lives and quit complaining so much when it doesn't directly affect them.

I have taken up two spots before when there is lots of open places and I could care less what other people think. Its none of their business.

Those parking spots are designed for one per car/truck/suv. anyone taking up more than one spot, is an idiot. I don't care if the parking lot is totally empty. Follow the rules like everyone else does.

You park in multiple spots, then everyone will do it and say "it's none of your business". bad habits, bring bad behavior.

So are truck drivers idiots for parking down an entire row taking up spots with his 53' trailer? Happens all the time. How about the RV'ers that Wal-mart encourages to stay in their parking lots? they taking up many spots as well. There is no dedicated space for them.... Just to be clear, are they idiots as well?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
grin.gif

Those parking spots are designed for one per car/truck/suv. anyone taking up more than one spot, is an idiot. I don't care if the parking lot is totally empty. Follow the rules like everyone else does.

You park in multiple spots, then everyone will do it and say "it's none of your business". bad habits, bring bad behavior.

So are truck drivers idiots for parking down an entire row taking up spots with his 53' trailer? Happens all the time. How about the RV'ers that Wal-mart encourages to stay in their parking lots? they taking up many spots as well. There is no dedicated space for them.... Just to be clear, are they idiots as well?

one car/truck/suv for one parking spot. For RVs, see your local parking ordinances
smirk.gif

Last edited:
If there wasn't a baby in the car, I would have said it's too bad she didn't meet somebody engaged in one of those very important phone calls that need to be made while backing out of a parking space.

I wait till their gone, then give their valve core (part inside the valve stem) a quarter turn.

Takes about 3-4 hours to go flat...

Tailgaters are even easier, move a little to the right, roll down a window, pour out a can of soda.
Some gets on your fender, but a ton gets on the car behind you...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

No. It's usually the " Oh my god.. I will not get a door ding on my precious car... but i'm too lazy to park at the back of the lot type..."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand

this leaves out an important piece of imformation.

If the d-bag does this is at the end of the parking lot 100ft away from the nearest car.. who cares.

If they do it in the middle of the busy section of the parking lot.. yes they are an idiot and I hope someone with a pos car parks 2" from their driver door.

Although I should not call someone an idiot. I agree with this post.

My old Neon had the entire passenger side crunched in, in a parking lot because a lady was playing on her phone. She jumped in her car and threw it in reverse without even looking. I saw her start moving as my front fender was even with her car and just thought ohhhh s*** lol. She must have gunned it or something because her bumper was stuck in between my doors.

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
I wait till their gone, then give their valve core (part inside the valve stem) a quarter turn.

Takes about 3-4 hours to go flat...

Tailgaters are even easier, move a little to the right, roll down a window, pour out a can of soda.
Some gets on your fender, but a ton gets on the car behind you...

That's really dumb.

//

I park in the first pull-through spot I see as soon as I come into a parking lot, for the following reasons:

1. It's quick. I don't need to waste time, fuel, and cause additional wear and tear on my vehicle putt-putting through the lot.

2. Easy exit. With a large number of spaces between my and the mob of people, I've got great visibility for when I leave.

3. Door dings (space). Every so often I'll get some weirdo who randomly parks RIGHT next to me, far out in the lot, with tons of other spots all around me, but I usually I come out as I left my car, clear of cars for multiple spaces.

Does it really make sense to take up multiple spaces out at the end of the parking lot? You're already secluded, with tons of room, so what's the point? IMO and IME, the only people who take up multiple spots are simply doing so out of laziness.

4. Saves time. Every so often people get lucky and find a spot close up in a parking lot, but mostly I see people who pull in with me still looking for a spot as I enter the establishment.

If the weather is really bad (and I still thought it was a good idea to go out instead of staying home,) I'll offer to drop my wife and/or other passengers off at the entrance and then drive back out to the back of the lot, but most times she's perfectly fine walking with me from where ever we park to where ever we're going.

//

I couldn't care less

They're

Does any one get it?

Oh I like the pouring pop out the window, and the loose valve core.........

It's very tempting.

On a side note... anybody going on any store sales in the coming month? Ha Ha

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Go to Costco yesterday and started walking across the parking lot. Gal in a CRV comes flying around the corner. I see her and hesitated while still walking at a brisk pace.

So as I get out of her way she punches it going for a parking spot about 40 feet away. As she flew past me I slapped the CRV pretty hard twice. Then I thought I'll go over to give my piece of mind. I said something to the effect that thanks for almost running me down, your an f xxx ing menace on the road. I then noticed a guy getting out as well, and thought I hope this does not escalate.

She said " Then you should have gotten the heck out of the way" using the the word that ends with 2 lls . When I got out of Costco who do a see getting back in the car. Mean while she has a baby in the car seat. Great mom. Being a reasonable guy I felt like apologizing for reacting so harshly and letting an F bomb fly. Then the more reasonable side of my brain said naa. I can't believe people drive so fast in parking lots where a little kid could run out behind a vehicle and get hit etc.

Also I never learn that no matter how stupid people behave, that when confronted by me they act like I'm the idiot!

Come on people have a little humanity........

What you did would get you ventilated around here. You got lucky. Next time, don't start something you couldn't finish.

I will just say if anyone pulls a gun on me for such nonsense they'd better shot to kill. I will be...

This is no wounding someone without a lick of humanity if they are going to pull a gun on someone for a parking lot offense. It has happened a lot here in the past especially around hunting season when there is another reason to carry a sidearm.

I just can't understand some folks. I purposely make sure I am clear in the middle of space because it is courteous. I don't walk behind cars that are backing out for the exact same reason. Why risk getting hit if you don't have too? The same with speeding through lots...is killing someone let alone a child worth extra 5 seconds it takes at the proper speed.

Last edited:
I
Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
I will just say if anyone pulls a gun on me for such nonsense they'd better shot to kill. I will be...

You got that right! If someone has the balls to pull a gun they better be prepared to use it. I had this [censored] pull a gun on me one time and I took it away from him.

If the d-bag does this is at the end of the parking lot 100ft away from the nearest car.. who cares.

If they do it in the middle of the busy section of the parking lot.. yes they are an idiot and I hope someone with a pos car parks 2" from their driver door.

Exactly. Around here those who take more than one spot near a store might come out to find, a keyed car, flat tires, busted windows, or all of the above. I actually saw it happen in the infamous Walmart parking lot where an employee got trampled to death a few Black Fridays ago. Confront one of those psychos and a person might find they get cut up or shot. Now that I'm older and wiser when I shop I take the beater car, and park far from everyone else and walk. I've done that for decades though. Now the exercise does me good, and I stay out of trouble, and my car stays in good shape.

I park as far away from other cars as I can. It used to irritate my wife...and now she does it as well. Neither My 9 year old truck or her 8 year old car has a scratch or ding. Anybody notice that the fat people who need to walk the most, are the most aggressive when trying to find a space closest to the door?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Exactly. Around here those who take more than one spot near a store might come out to find, a keyed car, flat tires, busted windows, or all of the above. I actually saw it happen in the infamous Walmart parking lot where an employee got trampled to death a few Black Fridays ago. Confront one of those psychos and a person might find they get cut up or shot. Now that I'm older and wiser when I shop I take the beater car, and park far from everyone else and walk. I've done that for decades though. Now the exercise does me good, and I stay out of trouble, and my car stays in good shape.

I just don't understand why people care so much to damage other persons property when they are at most a few extra minutes of walking to park a few more spots down???? I guess it is just the sad state of the morals when people think this is acceptable (it is not acceptable behavior under any circumstance no matter if they are taking 2 spots at the very front of a full parking lot). If the business owner wants to tow them then let them tow them.

My comment though was referencing taking two spots at the end of a parking lot with lots of empty spaces. Even my 1/2 ton Silverado is a beast to park and barely fits inside a normal parking spot - sometimes I can barely get it in the lines. Larger size trucks are even worse. So taking two spots (or even hanging over a little on one side or the other) is hard to avoid and why I park at the very end of the parking lot and sometimes hang over the line. I don't mind walking and prefer to stay away from the general population as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back