ghetto bird circling

Status
Not open for further replies.
the sheriffs helicopter circled my house 5 times.very low.no spot lights,no talking from the p.a. and nothing on my scanner.

just flying in a circle and waking us up.wonder why?

I used to live where the Police chopper flew low circles for hours right over our house, several times a week, went on for 2 or 3 years. It all stopped when a guy across the road was found in his toilet blown away.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
They could have the FLIR running looking for pot plants.

They do this around us as the area is a bit remote and favored by the 'home growers'...

I hear lots of helicopters.

I live near the hospital with a heli pad, so the medical helicopters are flying by. I also live near the bad part of the city so ....

Inside....couple of high pressure sodiums lamps, some misting pumps and a hydroponics grow solution and you are in business. Just have to keep the heat & humidity in check.

That would probably explain the helicopter hovering around while we were camping a month ago.

Originally Posted By: redhat
That would probably explain the helicopter hovering around while we were camping a month ago.

It shares a heat signature with catnip so ... don't grow catnip!

But that's how they bust a lot of people, apparently. Fly over with the Heli and check with infrared cameras. A few farmers out here nearly got arrested because some people were planting it on their land.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
the sheriffs helicopter circled my house 5 times.very low.no spot lights,no talking from the p.a. and nothing on my scanner.

just flying in a circle and waking us up.wonder why?

It is a Socal thing, I was in the parking lot of Fairfield Marriott in San Ban right next to I10 and police bird with lights and ground car with light were circling the parking lot and shining light into my little corolla.
needless to say I went inside in a hurry.

We sometimes hear a voice from the helicopter saying something like, this is the sheriff, stay inside your home and lock the doors. If someone wants to get into our house they will have to discuss their intentions with Teddy our Tibetan Mastiff. If by some chance they make it past Teddy they will meet a grumpy old man with a gun. I feel very comfortable with Teddy as the point guard. He handles initial contacts when it comes to uninvited guests. Our neighbor thinks Teddy's name is Holy S___, because he's heard people say that when they meed Teddy for the first time. When a sheriff's helicopter approaches Teddy will come and get me to let me know he's "good-to-go". Teddy is always enthusiastic about doing his job and he likes the helicopters.

Some of Teddy's relatives.

We don't get police helicopters, but we get a lot of military training flights. I live in the mountains, about 20 miles East of Kirtland (ABQ) AFB.

The terrain here is similar to Afghanistan, elevation at my house is 7200'. They often fly over at about 200'agl. I don't mind, except when they do it at 2:00am (Which is not often).

The most exciting are the Ospreys. Having a couple of those go directly over at 200' in close formation will bring tears to your eyes.

We only have the hospital emergency flights go over our place a couple times a week... We are on the flight path. Makes you think anyways.
Someone did plant some a few pot plants at the far end of our place many years ago, but the police chopper didn't find it and we only did at the beginning of winter. I'm pretty sure it was our new neighbors who weren't too sure of the property lines at the time. They were actually great neighbors other than their survey reading skills.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
We sometimes hear a voice from the helicopter saying something like, this is the sheriff, stay inside your home and lock the doors. If someone wants to get into our house they will have to discuss their intentions with Teddy our Tibetan Mastiff. If by some chance they make it past Teddy they will meet a grumpy old man with a gun. I feel very comfortable with Teddy as the point guard. He handles initial contacts when it comes to uninvited guests. Our neighbor thinks Teddy's name is Holy S___, because he's heard people say that when they meed Teddy for the first time. When a sheriff's helicopter approaches Teddy will come and get me to let me know he's "good-to-go". Teddy is always enthusiastic about doing his job and he likes the helicopters.

So you're going to set your dogs on them or shoot them if the police requires to come into your house for some kind of inquiry, or if they knock on your door?
Or even if they're coming in without notifying you?

Or did you mean you'd do that to thieves/intruders, and not law enforcement? It wasn't quite clear.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

So you're going to set your dogs on them or shoot them if the police requires to come into your house for some kind of inquiry, or if they knock on your door?
Or even if they're coming in without notifying you?

Or did you mean you'd do that to thieves/intruders, and not law enforcement? It wasn't quite clear.

Are you speaking for me? The sheriff is requesting people to stay inside. Teddy is one dog, not dogs(s) and he handles initial contacts. He does not attack, he defends, he stands his ground. Big difference. If you have no malice in your heart and no intention to do harm or to enter my home without without permission then you will have nothing to fear. He does not bark to annoy or attract attention. You can not distract him. He stays focused. Did you not read the part that characterized "uninvited guests"? or are you someone that thinks the rest of us should not defend ourselves and wait for the sheriff to arrive. What you're missing here is that the sheriff will arrive just in time to do the paper work and the real work, whatever it might be will already be completed.

In the mean time, Teddy is a favorite visitor at the neighbors day care center. The toddlers love having Teddy visit and he loves the kids. They are too young to have malice in their hearts. Teddy will "shake hands", play "hide-n-seek" and "marco polo". Teddy's been at it for more than 10 years and some of those toddlers are teenagers now, and they come back to visit Teddy.

If you live in an area where help might take a while to arrive it's a comfort to know that there is a Teddy watching and listening. He sees and hears what we can not. On top of that he is a loving member of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back