GF-5,SN Oils are here ,in Canada !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just happened to drop by my local Walmart today and guess what,
saw new Pennzoil and Quaker State 5W30, GF-5,SN oils ,
and the Pennzoil was even on sale !

So we can finally start a new era with SN oils.

Originally Posted By: Slippery_Pete
Yup, bought some SN GF-5 PYB from wally world today in barrie.
Still waiting for Ultra.

Same, picked up some SN PYB. Although I would have loved to seen some Ultra there, I'd try it just for the sake of trying it (with the new Cdn rebate and all)

I checked the supply of PYB/PP at a WM the other day - all SM.

You won't see Ultra up here.

Originally Posted By: lui
Originally Posted By: Hermann
WE WAnt Pics.

you want pics of oil bottles?

Why not!

pyb2.jpg

There's Ultra at my local "Lordco" auto parts store in BC. I don't shop at Walmart.

Last edited:
I visited CT today for some new wrenches, and browsed the oil aisle sampling random bottles for any GF-5 or API SN labeling, but nothing there. I did notice there were PP bottles that had a different front label from the ones I bought a couple months ago, but the back label was still GF-4 and API SM.

Mobil 1 EP has dropped to a regular price of $25 there, though, which is amazingly low - I have never seen EP anywhere here before for under $40. The non EP flavour is selling at a new regular low price of $28.88 at WM which I'd already considered pretty good. Anyway, as it wasn't a sale price I resisted the urge to pick up a jug - for now. I'm still waiting to see how things evolve as GF-5 and SN oils begin to appear (in other words, I'm holding out for even better prices as I'm already well stocked).

-Spyder

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I checked the supply of PYB/PP at a WM the other day - all SM.

You won't see Ultra up here.

You will now! I just got back from my local Walmart (near Mavis and Britannia in Mississauga) and they've got Ultra in 5L jugs for $36.88! That's a lot better than Edge which costs $44 for 4.4L. My Walmart had Ultra in 5w30 and 5w20. They also have 5 quart jugs of the latest SN rated PYB 5w30 and 10w30 for $11.88.

I checked my local Canadian Tire and saw the 4 liter jugs of the Autolab brand of oil has been renamed to the Certified label, and it's also SN rated. Imagine that, their cheapest gasoline engine oil is the first in this particular store to get new stocks with the SN rating. It was also on sale for $10.49 for the 4 liter jug.

I think some walmarts up here are just getting in their stock of sn because they had a huge pyramid of 4.73 litre jugs stacked up on sale for 6 dollars.

CIMG1704.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back