Getting your hair cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: Schmoe
If you got it...flaunt it!!!!!

shocked2.gif

Seriously tho, I totally agree. So many I know from HS and University have all lost their hair.
Might as well show off what ya got! Because someday, you can't and you'll wish you did.
grin2.gif

Haha I agree too!! I'm almost 50 and have a total mop of hair on my head. When I get a haircut there's so much hair you can't even see the floor. A few years back I worked retail sales and there was a salon in the store. All the hot salon chickadees would always come to my department to play with my hair haha and always ask if they could try the newest hair care product on it,I was like anytime!
wink.gif

My brother had this goofy friend many years ago. One day he decided he wanted to be a "skater",so he wanted my brother to cut his hair for him in "skater fashion". Well,my brother busts out the Wahl's,puts on the longest attachment and started with the cut. All is going well when suddenly we hear this low pitched wahwahwahwah sound. The attachment had fallen off and my brother shaved a literal all the way down to the bare skin skunk stripe on homeboy's head haha!! We stared laughing so hard that we couldn't breath!! If I remember correctly the dude started crying!!

If you screw up you can always shave it all off. Had to do that a few times, time-consuming but its a fix.

It's self-repairing, after all. If you still have any, it'll keep growing for a while after you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
If you screw up you can always shave it all off. Had to do that a few times, time-consuming but its a fix.

It's self-repairing, after all. If you still have any, it'll keep growing for a while after you're dead.

Nope! The skin shrinks because its drying out and reveals hair that was already there, just hidden.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: Schmoe
If you got it...flaunt it!!!!!

shocked2.gif

Seriously tho, I totally agree. So many I know from HS and University have all lost their hair.
Might as well show off what ya got! Because someday, you can't and you'll wish you did.
grin2.gif

Haha I agree too!! I'm almost 50 and have a total mop of hair on my head. When I get a haircut there's so much hair you can't even see the floor. A few years back I worked retail sales and there was a salon in the store. All the hot salon chickadees would always come to my department to play with my hair haha and always ask if they could try the newest hair care product on it,I was like anytime!
wink.gif

I'm 54 and still got mine, not as think as my 20's, but still there. Rogaine is my friend.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
I don't let a woman cut my hair.

Some of my best hairstyles have been from women. The guy I go to now is alright but hasn't been cutting all that long. The previous lady was awesome but she moved to the other side of the country.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Buzz it myself w/ a Wahl. Not much choice, either that or do the comb-over which I'll never do. Joys of the family genetics ...

Me too.

Honestly, one of the reasons I wish I had my hair back is getting a nice haircut from a beautiful lady. What a great experience!

My brother had this goofy friend many years ago. One day he decided he wanted to be a "skater",so he wanted my brother to cut his hair for him in "skater fashion". Well,my brother busts out the Wahl's,puts on the longest attachment and started with the cut. All is going well when suddenly we hear this low pitched wahwahwahwah sound. The attachment had fallen off and my brother shaved a literal all the way down to the bare skin skunk stripe on homeboy's head haha!! We stared laughing so hard that we couldn't breath!! If I remember correctly the dude started crying!!

You lucky SOB! Chicks rub my buzzcut head like it's a chia pet ready to grow, but it never does.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

You lucky SOB! Chicks rub my buzzcut head like it's a chia pet ready to grow, but it never does.

I believe it can, if they try hard enough! Tell them you have faith they can
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Haven't had a hair on my head cut since 2002...
Sounds like me! And no plans on changing either. Mine grows to a certain length and pretty much stops.

Last edited:
Buzz it myself w/ a Wahl. Not much choice, either that or do the comb-over which I'll never do. Joys of the family genetics ...

Buzz x2
lol.gif

I usually use a set of halfway decent clippers on myself to give a #2 cut, or sometimes #1 if I want is shorter. A razor and a hand held mirror with my back to the large bathroom mirror to shape the back.

Not quite as good as a barber, but saves me the aggravation of going there, waiting and getting it cut. Usually when I go to a barber I tend to procrastinate longer than I should (3-4 weeks) whereas I can cut it every 2 weeks or so at home.

Every few (or maybe six) months I do go to a barber for the same type of cut.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

Me too.

Honestly, one of the reasons I wish I had my hair back is getting a nice haircut from a beautiful lady. What a great experience!

I'm planning to get my haircut in China next week. Should be fun. Even if have only a little more than a horseshoe.

I've had my hair cut in 9 foreign countries in the past 5 years. It's something I do whenever I travel, now. Got it cut in Taipei a couple years ago. They didn't speak much English but said I could get regular haircut in the chair in the front room, deluxe haircut in the back room or super deluxe haircut upstairs. I opted for the deluxe haircut in the back room. It was fantastic. The lady who took care of me was beautiful and had such soft, strong hands for the scalp massage.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Originally Posted By: Ducked

Nope! The skin shrinks because its drying out and reveals hair that was already there, just hidden.

Looked it up. Another myth bites the dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back