Getting Wifi Signal in Metal Shop

I’m setting up to beam Wi-Fi between two buildings a few hundred something feet apart. I’m using tp link cpe210.
That will do the job perfectly. I only use one of those type of directional units located in my shop to pickup my home wifi and get great performance.

I have a Netgear wifi repeater out in my wood sided shed. It gives me coverage over most of my yard but pretty weak.

Anyone know of more powerful wifi repeaters?

I apologize for not following up. I ordered a set of TP-Link Powerline ethernet/Wifi boxes and they're working perfectly. My shop is on a separate breaker box from my house but the signal goes through just fine. I'm typing this on my phone now from inside my shop with all doors closed. My speakers are playing SiriusXM (Turbo, channel 41) through bluetooth from my phone so it's doing good.

I apologize for not following up. I ordered a set of TP-Link Powerline ethernet/Wifi boxes and they're working perfectly. My shop is on a separate breaker box from my house but the signal goes through just fine. I'm typing this on my phone now from inside my shop with all doors closed. My speakers are playing SiriusXM (Turbo, channel 41) through bluetooth from my phone so it's doing good.
Do us Wifi nerds a favor and run a speedtest (www.speedtest.net) from your phone while connected to your AP box in the shop. Would be interesting to know what throughput your are getting via the powerlne adapters. Also, run the same speedtest from inside the house while connected to the AP in the house for a comparison.

I had powerline adapters years ago but gave up in them. Probably still have them sitting in a box in the shop.

Glad it's working for you!

Do us Wifi nerds a favor and run a speedtest (www.speedtest.net) from your phone while connected to your AP box in the shop. Would be interesting to know what throughput your are getting via the powerlne adapters. Also, run the same speedtest from inside the house while connected to the AP in the house for a comparison.

I had powerline adapters years ago but gave up in them. Probably still have them sitting in a box in the shop.

Glad it's working for you!

Here's the Speedtest results on the router wifi just outside of the shop. This is 100 mbps service in rural South Carolina.

256642635_434530398237501_3557583418407702681_n.jpg

Here's the results on the TP Link Wifi in the metal shop with all doors closed.

259377646_1121681748637015_8546646677877770420_n.jpg

Back