getting rid of outlook express 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
whenever i go to a website and click on their email address,the outlook express box opes up ad starts asking me for my name and if i want to open an account.Is there a way to have my own email provider(verizon) handle this? Xp pro

you can go to www.mozzila.com thunderbird is a very user friendly email service, lots of features screening junk mail and security features, I left windows mail woes about 3 years ago, it was here in BITOG that I was informed of Tbird, been thankful since,

Cyprs

dave, simply type in thunderbird into your favorite search engine and download sources will pop up all over, find a source you trust and download it.

If you are running windows just simply left click on your "start" button on lower left, type in THUNDERBIRD in the search box and if you have TBIRD preinstalled it will then show up for you on the search results, if not then download Tbird and install, looks like the NEW THURNDERBIRD 3 edition is out, I might upgrade to it.

later,
Cyprs

It is because Outlook Express is set as you default email program. if you install Thunderbird you will have the same problem. You need to setup your account in Thunderbird or Outlook Express and then choose it as your default email program.

Even if you use webmail exclusively you should have a POP mailbox through your ISP. You can even configure outlook to use your preferred webmail address (if it's not your ISP default email) as the "from" and "reply-to". Take the 15 minutes once to set it up then it'll work smoothly from then on out.

Only issue is if you "borrow" wifi, around here it's split 50/50 between cable and DSL-- outgoing cable is no problem as they authenticate me but DSL is a different server and they block "spam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back