Getting ready to run Conklin 20W50 racing oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Seriously Considering on running Conklin's 20W50 Racing Oil In My Wissota Super Stock dirt car. Have any of you ever ran it? And if so were you pleased with the results? Every thing I've researched on it I feel I can't go wrong.Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Almost forgot,
welcome2.gif
to BITOG

Does Conklin blend their own oil or is it made by another outfit like Schaeffers or something? I have a relative that used to try to get me to use and sell Conklin every time we saw him at a family reunion. He swore by that oil, something called a parasynthetic oil, in his diesel engine truck. I never got around to trying it, but I still have a partial can of one spray product he gave me to try.

I do belive that it is a far better oil for what I do than any thing else I've researched.I belive in it My father inlaw runs all of thier products in every thing He has and I've seen what it has done for Him. So I'm a beliver in the product can't wait to see What it can do in my race car I'm just trying to figure out the drain intervals with Brad Penn it has been evry race I belive I can take that to every four nights with a filter change every night The price may be more but I will come out better in the long run because the Penn is almost five bucks a qt so 5X8=40 40x4=160 compared to $88.00 plus 33 for the filter changes equal $132.00 so the Conklin oil is cheaper in the long run

Last edited:
badawg350,

Good for you, you have done the math. Most just look at the price of the quart/gallon and figure it's just too expensive. I've sold and used these products with great success. You will do fine with the 20W50.

I think I could push it further than every 4 nights. I saw on here some where that one guy ran it and only changed it twice during the whole season and said he had no problems.That's not me I feel safe with every 4 nights.I switched to the Gold Guard rearend lube also. I figuerd I might as well run that also since I'm using the motor oil.I'm venturing out on this one since it seems not very many people know much about Conklin or they just keep it a secret.When I told my Engine builder that I was going to run the Conklin 20w50 he advised me to just stay on the Brad Penn oil.I kept on looking into the Conklin oil though So the decision to switch to it has been a long one and I'm hoping the right one because I hate I told you so.

Here is an update my car flew on opening night. the rearend was so much cooler after every race with the Gold Guard in it than it ever has before I could actually touch the housing and feel the diffrence Amazing Stuff. And as far as the 20W50 it really did feel like it made more power in the engine maybe it was a combination of the two all I know was that it flew.We had a playday last week at the track and I had the last of my Brad Penn in the engine I figured I would use it for break in then go to the Convoy on opening night I wanted to see if it would actually make a diffrence and it did the engine ran smoother and produced more power it even ran a bit cooler.others may say they have "liquid ball bearings" But I think I actually have them!

Good for you badawg350, I've been selling and telling people this for 30 years. It will only get better.

It's not any more expensive than others do the math I did and it came out to be cheaper in the long run.I use to change the oil in my race car every week at 40 bucks a oil change with Brad Penn since changing to the Conklin 20W50 I am as of right now going into my forth night of racing on the same oil except for a filter change every week so lets see 5x8=40,40x6=240 you can buy 5 gals of the 20w50 for $190 I will do a total oil change at 6 nights and then send in for an oil test if all is good I may go to 8 nights. So is it still more expensive?

Here's an update I got tired of playing in the dirt so I traded my super stock as a roller for a 77 corvette pro street/drag car turnkey so I still have the engine out of my super.I pulled the pan and it still is like brandnew inside I only changed the oil once since starting to race this year so that's 10 shows on it no sign of wear what so ever I turned it 7500-7800 rpms every race I belive it is because of the Conklin oil Some guys are on 2 or 3 engines and that's on Brd Penn oil changes every week My engine ran cooler and had more power all year than in previous years I'm Going to put my Super engine In my new car and continue to run it I will update the progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back