getting old: must be 60 or more to post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 1999nick
Put me down for 74. That's how old I'll be if I make it to my birthday November 7th.

Well,here it is almost a year later, so I'll be 75 this November 7. No change in the last year. Hope to post again next year.

Originally Posted By: Spector
64 and hate to say I am looking forward to Medicare but the aging can stop there. What scares me is what will these aches and pains be like in 10 years.

I am now 74. I definitely have more pain than when I was 64. I recently developed rheumatoid arthritis, and I have to go to my doctor for a shot every 4 to 6 weeks to prevent debilitating pain. Before my last shot, the pain and stiffness was so bad that I missed church because I just couldn't get showered and dressed. Now, I am going to get the shot before the pain developes to that extent. I feel fine for at least 4 weeks after the shot, so I'm OK for 95% of the time.

Have you thought about acupuncture? My ex-girlfriend's mother was always in pain after an accident. The doctors kept on throwing pain meds at her. I told her about acupuncture and she was cured of all pain after a month of treatment!

Last edited:
Put me down for 74. That's how old I'll be if I make it to my birthday November 7th.

Well,here it is almost a year later, so I'll be 75 this November 7. No change in the last year. Hope to post again next year.

Well, yet another year has passed. I am still 75, but I'll be 76 this coming Nov 7, if I can last another week. The major change in this last year is that I am now equipped with a heart pacemaker, which is causing an irritating lump in my upper left chest. It was done on an outpatient basis, although I was kept in the hospital overnight for observation. The hospital billed the insurance company a total if $51,000, including $28,000 for the operating room. This did not include what the surgeon and the anisthesiologist charged.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: morris
if i knew i was going to last this long i would have taken better care of my self.

I knew I was going to last a long time and I did take care of myself.

Getting old is strictly what you make of it. You can either control your life, or you can let old age control you.

I choose to be in charge of my life.

Not always--my father-in-law "took care of himself" but thanks to Parkinsons and a car accident he's a mess in a nursing home at 78 (started in late 60s.)

John

Does it sort of count if I just turned 59? I may not be in the pack, but I'm tailgating you guys real close. What I can't figure out is how I got here so fast. Just a few years ago I was a skinny brown-haired lad of 25!!!

66 and retired about 4 months now, slowly adjusting to this new life, real test will be in the winter months when outside work ceases. Amazing how time flies and mind feels like I am in my 40s but little things like stamina are starting to go. Sometimes that afternoon nap is great

Don't miss the work place really, too much bureaucratic nonsense these days and for some reason management continues to deceive employees. It's all about the bottom line now which must increase every quarter.

I'm 70 and came back a little while ago from a 6 mile hike in the mountains here at 8-9000 ft elevation. Lungs still good, but the calves will probably ache a little in the AM.

Well, yet another year has passed. I am still 75, but I'll be 76 this coming Nov 7, if I can last another week. The major change in this last year is that I am now equipped with a heart pacemaker, which is causing an irritating lump in my upper left chest. It was done on an outpatient basis, although I was kept in the hospital overnight for observation. The hospital billed the insurance company a total if $51,000, including $28,000 for the operating room. This did not include what the surgeon and the anisthesiologist charged.

Good for you Nick, we expect to hear from you in another year.

Well, yet another year has passed. I am still 75, but I'll be 76 this coming Nov 7, if I can last another week. The major change in this last year is that I am now equipped with a heart pacemaker, which is causing an irritating lump in my upper left chest. It was done on an outpatient basis, although I was kept in the hospital overnight for observation. The hospital billed the insurance company a total if $51,000, including $28,000 for the operating room. This did not include what the surgeon and the anesthesiologist charged.

The years are passing way too fast. Here it is November the 7th again, and I am now 77. Not much has changed for me this past year. My wife and I are coming up on being married 51 years in December. Even our kids are beginning to age. Our oldest is now 49.

Hello, Do yoga. It'll improve your flexibility. I swear it stops the hands of time. Don't think about it. Do it.

If you think it's some kind of religion and you cannot do it therefore, you're either 180 years old or just lying to yourself.

Fight stiffness and win. Do yoga. Kira

Getting old should not be posted in the humor section ... it's not funny.
31.gif

j/k . Will be 70 next birthday. Take care oldtimers.

Bob

i have stopped posting on BITOG. the addmens dont know the difference between God and religion. by

Originally Posted By: morris
i have stopped posting on BITOG. the addmens dont know the difference between God and religion. by

What does this post have to do with being over 60 years old?

It's on the horizon for me, four more years. I can see a sense of humor will be important for this part of life's journey. Ah, it's important at any age...

Needle-point sign found in elderly lady's house:

"Old age is not for sissies."

That one made me smile.

Last edited:
67, 5 grandsons and 1 granddaughter, never a dull moment. Health wise, all parts working. I can still load the small trailer with branches and such and haul them to the back yard to burn. 1000 ft of fence line can keep one busy. The VA keeps me in meds for BP, but its only 2 pills a day. I dont change my oil anymore, did for a long time, got lazy,lol. It got cold in Tennesse, so my fishing has slowed down. If I can get to the coffee on my own power and such,,Im happy....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back