Gettin' stuff done around the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been kinda slow this past week & to be expected with Christmas landing on a Wednesday.

Mounted one of my Wilton 1765 6 1/2" vises, Great ballast for how the Arbor Press is mounted! Though I'm still going to anchor the stand once I get it positioned exactly where I want it.
The Wilton nameplate got mangled during shipping, The Snap-on plate was a whopping $2.50 through my Rep., They sell this exact vise but painted red for several hundred dollars more.

Made a "Bench Tuning/Flashing" harness for GM P01 & P59 PCM's, Gotten several calls for bench tuning on DIY LSx swaps.....Easy $150 profit for 20 minutes work!
4th Gen F-body fog lamp switch for ignition, GM cooling fan connector for a fuse holder (5amp), And a Honda OBD2 port because it's cleaner/less bulky than GM ones.....Had to move a wire to match the GM serial data pin location.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by clinebarger

............ "Bench Tuning/Flashing" harness for GM P01 & P59 PCM's,
Gotten several calls for bench tuning on DIY LSx swaps....

What is this "Bench Tuning/Flashing"?

The ability to Flash or Tune a PCM without the vehicle by applying power/ground & accessing the PCM through the Serial Data communication line/s.

Nice shop! I have two shops one that is for woodworking and the one for vehicles. The woodworking shop is air conditioned and is hardly used. The one without the a/c is the vehicle shop and gets used frequently and I sweat. Seems like there is never enough room or tools.

Awesome to see Dake Arbor Press Grand Haven Mich USA next to the Wilton! Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
Nice vise! That front fender on the white car looks like it does not fit very well.

Yeah, name that malaise-mobile! I'm guessing 1975 Pontiac Grand Prix.

It's a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass that belongs to my father, It needs quite a bit of body work! But does have a 455hp LT1/8L90E out of a '17 Camaro SS, 3.73 Posi, & 4 wheel disc with Hydroboost assist.

Did some tuning, UMI upper control arms,& alignment. Then it's off the body shop jail for 6-8 months. It'll look like a Hurst 442 in White/Gold when done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back