GETG getting ugly... just really awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you like horror stories... read this 10-Q filing summary from Green Earth Technologies: http://biz.yahoo.com/e/141114/getg10-q.html

I still have some and will use it up... but I think the end is near for G-OIL.
frown.gif

Im actually surprised they have lasted this long. Crude and NG prices are dropping like a rock. They have many products for domestic oil and gas production which companies like Chesapeake Energy use. With the drop in oil prices, many of these wells will sit idle and drilling companies will not have the need for Get-G products.

Agreed kinda sad - but with renewable diesel competing for the same feedstocks they have been using, probably inevitable without some form of government subsidy.

very sad - but also a company that I would not have invested in. I would never wager on the sales of green oil products. I will admit that I only bought GET products because of the heavy rebates and would never pay full price. Valvoline learned an expensive lesson in that regard also - although I actually paid full price for some of the Next Gen oil.

I like the company and their product very much. I checked GETG 2 years ago. I thought the oil had potential being so eco friendly while not really compromising in any regard. But I would not buy the stock because I didn't think their management would be able to successfully gain market share. The problem is the type of consumer that would pay a premium for their products are the kind of people who usually can't check their own oil much less change it themselves. Their other products would be even less popular with this crowd.

It would have made a great company is it was apart of a network of green service stations that could charge $90 to lube your Prius. Pick locations in California, Connecticut, Mass, D.C.

Sad indeed,I still have an unopened quart of G-Oil. I guess I'll keep it with my bottle Valvoline SynPower brake fluid, might be worth something ($$$) to a collector one day.
grin.gif

And it's sad because their products on the whole are pretty good. Shame they played their cards wrong and will most likely just fade away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back