get to do ball joints/control arms on moms 10 fusion again :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in April of 17 i ordered 4 lower control arms/ball joints for my mom fusion off rock auto. Drove her car a few weeks back and noticed there was a clunking noise over small bumps and when she braked. Took her car to work yesterday to try to find the sound. Turns out all the ball joints i put on are bad the R lower rearward one is the worst. went on rock auto and luckily the ball joints have a lifetime warranty. So looks like i get to do them again, at least i can take her car to this job and do them on a lift. They were such a pain in the A$$ to do at home in the driveway with no heat and leverage. Think i got 10K out of them, she dont drive the car much. Got it with 93K lil over 3yrs ago just rolled over 114K.

I would not waste time installing replacement dorman ball joints. Some things i have taken a chance with and found that some dorman parts are good quality reboxed items, some are not.

Since they failed, you know the category.

I would go with oem motorcraft.

Last edited:
Get Motorcraft
smile.gif

Originally Posted by eljefino
What's she gonna drive on while you send those in for warranty?

im paying for the parts and gettting a refund. she can drive my malibu or my fusion for the day.

Originally Posted by gabriel9766
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Get Motorcraft
smile.gif

$483 for all 4 arms my cost.

The cheap Dorman [censored] turned out to be a false economy because now you have to do the job twice
banana2.gif

Get Motorcraft
smile.gif

The cheap Dorman [censored] turned out to be a false economy because now you have to do the job twice
banana2.gif

Get Motorcraft
smile.gif

banana2.gif

o well, its only gonna take like 2 hrs max to do it, and $6 shipping.

Originally Posted by spasm3
What brand did you buy?

Dorman

You are going to be doing this job in another half year if you reinstall these.

If they failed this soon, they don't seem safe. Just something to think about.

Get Motorcraft. As an old co worker of mine would say, f the dumb sh..

. They were such a pain in the A$$ to do at home in the driveway with no heat and leverage.

And yet in another post you say it will only take you two hours....
I will admit to have purchased Dorman parts, but I avoid the suspension parts. Don't install them again.

IMHO Doorman exists so used car dealers can economically prep their cars for sale. BUT they also carry some of the low profit obscure parts in the Save line that are very useful.

Rod

True. Their oil and tranny pans are usually pretty good as well as a few other items, I guess it depends on where they were sourced from.

A lot of Dorman's obscure parts are lifesavers when you need them, but when it comes to something like suspension components, where I have a lot of other (usually) reputable parts to choose from, Dorman is not the choice.

Originally Posted by MNgopher
A lot of Dorman's obscure parts are lifesavers when you need them, but when it comes to something like suspension components, where I have a lot of other (usually) reputable parts to choose from, Dorman is not the choice.

01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back