GET THE WORD OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect there are many folks who haven't stumbled back in. It took me awhile to figure it out.

HOW can we get the word out???
stooges.gif

The link is there. You just have to read it. I for one, somehow missed it and thought the site was still down until another BITOG'er pointed it out to me on AIM.

What's going on? I've always gone to http://theoildrop.server101.com which has redirected to the forums, why has this changed? Will the link get fixed so it goes to the right place? This 'new' layout is hard to read and the different visual options are pastelish and very difficult to read with my laptop and my eyes. Where is there info on why this happened, I'm not finding any links. Theres nothing in the general board information and I generally never goto the www.bobistheoilguy.com page, and even there is no information to why things are different.

AFAIK it only came back on today, early AM.

Very configurable.

I was told by Joee the board went down because it was overloaded and not backupable. Too many users, too many threads. Old version.

It went down Thursday midday PST.

Last edited:
I just figured it out this morning. I got a screen with an error message but below the error message was a link to this site. I like this new software and found I can increase the text size, which will help on my laptop because something went wrong a few weeks ago and the text got very small on my laptop.

I was less excited about all my old PMs being back and having to selectively delete (not finished yet) but better that than losing all of them.

Quote:

The old forum site should be replaced with a simple redirect. That way people like me, who had the server101.com site directly bookmarked, would just be shuffled off to the new forum. I almost thought it was still down this morning, except that I noticed the wording of the error message screen was a little different.

Well, ask and ye shall receive. Looks like they're doing this now.

My vacation is over?

Those new smilies are hideously looking, but at least there's a dancing banana.

EDITING TEST (32 minutes after original post).

Last edited:
Ron Jeremy

Reged: 06/19/02
Loc: Canada Re: GET THE WORD OUT [Re: MN Driver]
#724953 - 09/25/06 04:56 AM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Took me a few days to notice the link. I just assumed I was banned. Whew!

Post Extras:

I thought the same thing it took me until saturday to find out.

There is no link. It is just an address typed into an error message. Makes it difficult for the less computer savvy.

What has happened to the link that allowed you to view your posts in the threads that you posted in and started? Its gone and I can't find anything that's replaced it.

The old forum site should be replaced with a simple redirect. That way people like me, who had the server101.com site directly bookmarked, would just be shuffled off to the new forum. I almost thought it was still down this morning, except that I noticed the wording of the error message screen was a little different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back