GET READY

Status
Not open for further replies.
My oil suppliers are giving the "buy it before it goes up" speech petty hard right now! Estimating $3.00 to $8.00 per 12 pack the first of coming month!

While I'm sure those who buy at WalMart will have nothing to fear,,They'll eat the increases, instread of passing them on, won't they?? I'm betting you won't loose money by adding to the stash right now.

Bob

Interesting timing since crude has just gone down a good bit.

As for Wal-Mart, they can push their suppliers, but only to the point that waste is eliminated. There is no magical way they can sell oil much cheaper than anybody else. A little cheaper, yes.

yup, were getting that at my work too from our MC suppliers. were strongly debating buying in larger bulk right before the price goes up like we did with coolant.

everyone is using the price of oil an excuse to raise up prices for everything they can think of. granted, in this case, it's valid. but I just got my tag renewal in the mail. To renew it by mail, it went up from $1.00 to $2.00 this year for no apparent reason. To pay online, which is a new feature, they are charging $5.95. I'm going to go down there and wait in line.

I wasn't doing anything so I went to my local Wal Mart and stocked up on Pennzoil 10w-30 five quart jugs. Now I have six total. While I was there I picked up two jugs of Mobil 1 0w-30.

My college's tuition went up $4,300 this year. Ouch! I calculated my student loans based upon last year's tuition+$1000 but it looks like I'll have to re-do my loan application :sigh:

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
My college's tuition went up $4,300 this year. Ouch! I calculated my student loans based upon last year's tuition+$1000 but it looks like I'll have to re-do my loan application :sigh:

That's a lot. Glad FL unis still have cheap tuition.

Originally Posted By: alreadygone
My oil suppliers are giving the "buy it before it goes up" speech petty hard right now! Estimating $3.00 to $8.00 per 12 pack the first of coming month!

While I'm sure those who buy at WalMart will have nothing to fear,,They'll eat the increases, instread of passing them on, won't they?? I'm betting you won't loose money by adding to the stash right now.

Bob

My local Walmart has already raised oil prices a little bit.

I was speaking to a Brad Penn oil distributor a few weeks ago and was told that they have had five price increases this year. They tried to hold as long as possible and went five years with no increase before this year.

The problem is that even with this year's price increases, their retail pricing only reflects a crude price of around a $100 a barrel. They are a small company and will probably be forced to raise pricing some more to cover actual crude price unless it comes down soon.

Out local WalMart here in Texas today had Pennzoil Platinum for $19.00 5 quart jug ( I bought three) and 5.5 Quart Valvoline MaxLife for $14.50 ( I bought two). No sale. Just regular price.

My local WalMart alreay went up on 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 flavors to $23.97, but PP is STILL holding on strong at $19.00 per jug. Guess which one landed in my Silverado and Malibu...

I guess we won't be seeing Pennzoil Platinum for $1 a quart anymore
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Patman
frown.gif

My god, how long as it been since it was 1$??????????

Originally Posted By: Patman
frown.gif

Yep, they got everyone hooked. Just like a drug dealer.

Originally Posted By: glennc
Interesting timing since crude has just gone down a good bit.

As for Wal-Mart, they can push their suppliers, but only to the point that waste is eliminated.

Marginal cost vs. marginal benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back