Get it before it disappears: .22 LR at Midway

Wow! I posted the link after Midway sent me an email showing it was available. Less than an hour after the email it was all gone.

Mexico must be going full bore. Águila is about all I can find lately. It’s fine but I do get a few misfires and soft firing rounds per box. People paid $159.00 plus shipping!? Yikes. Ammo bros. Had Browning 22lr 800 rounds for $69.99. I thought that was overpriced.

try the reloading primer game, must be a lot of folks using the bots to bombard the big websites and auto-buy as much as they can, then flip it on gunbroker

Welcome to today.
And you were overpaying then
I don't know where you were getting that ammo for under 3.4c a round. I was buying it at Target Sports USA and that was the best price I could find on it after doing extensive research on the internet. I agree there was .22LR out there cheaper. At about the same time I was buying bulk plinking ammo (Remington Thunderbolt) at about 2.2-2.3c per round. As far as welcome to today, I don't have to worry about the cost today because I had enough foresight to buy several cases ahead just for times like this. I've got enough .22 on hand to last in excess of 5 years.

Last edited:
I don't know where you were getting that ammo for under 3.4c a round. I was buying it at Target Sports USA and that was the best price I could find on it after doing extensive research on the internet. I agree there was .22LR out there cheaper. At about the same time I was buying bulk plinking ammo (Remington Thunderbolt) at about 2.2-2.3c per round. As far as welcome to today, I don't have to worry about the cost today because I had enough foresight to buy several cases ahead just for times like this. I've got enough .22 on hand to last in excess of 5 years.
You were paying 8 cents

I don’t thi;j I ever got 22LR at 3-4c/rd even when am o was generally at its cheapest. I recall 6c, and 7c for the polymer coated (my favorite personally).

You were paying 8 cents
Try again. $169.99/5000=$ .033998 I may be a KY hillbilly but I do know how to divide. 5000x$ .08=$400.00 The current advertised price was just under 8c a round. $159.99/2000=$ .079995.

Last edited:
I don’t thi;j I ever got 22LR at 3-4c/rd even when am o was generally at its cheapest. I recall 6c, and 7c for the polymer coated (my favorite personally).
I've never tried polymer coated. I'm not sure exactly when it was but I think it was sometime in 2018 that I found Remington Thunderbolts for $11.79/500=$ .02358 per round with $12.99 shipping on up to 25 bulk packs. I placed 2 orders, one for 25 bulk packs and another for 23 bulk packs if I remember correctly so final cost still came to less than 2.5c a round.

I'm 61 years old and never in my life have I paid more than $ .05 a round for .22LR nor more than about $ .18 a round for 9mm except for self defense ammo where I might splurge and go $ .30-.35 a round. The last self defense ammo I bought was this except it was factory reloads instead of new brass. https://www.freedommunitions.com/ammunition/pistol/9mm/9mm-luger-124-gr-xtp-new.html At the time they were running a sale. I think I got 500 rounds for right around $100.

Last edited:
Usually a more expensive 22 lr is a better product in non gouging times.

Back