German Green??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought 5 qts today of 0w-30 Castrol Syntec that OUT performs
grin.gif
says made in Germany on the back.. (see pic)
 -

However it is not green (oil). Is all the green hued Castrol gone?

It hasn't been made since the first batch of '05. You have to look at the date stamp on the bottom, it will begin with M02, M03, M04, or M0501 if it's green. The gold is good stuff from what I hear though...

Sorry to ask an age old question again, but read again a few days ago "use fresh oil".

Can we keep oil stored correctly for years and years? Synthetics are indeed more stable, but indefinite?

BTW, the 5 quarts cost me around $10.00
grin.gif
I had my Auto Zone card and used it for a -$20.00 discount.

Not sure how long oil stays stable, especially synthetic, but I doubt that oil still in a bottle has much going against it. Example: http://www.gulfcoastfilters.com/1,000,000 MILES.htm
This is a 1990 Peterbuilt truck with over 1 Million miles on it and dissasembled in 1999 and the engine checked for wear. They replaced the piston rings. Even poured the old oil back in after putting the engine back together.
Now THIS oil was heated, cooled, over and over. and at that posting then from 1990 to 1999 was 9 years. I doubt seriously that a few years in a bottle then will really cause too much deterioration.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back