German Castrol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read all the posts about "German Castrol" at AutoZone. I've looked at a few AutoZones in my area, but every single bottle states it was made with both American and foreign products.

Where do people get the idea of "German Castrol"?

quote:

Originally posted by JungleJim:

Where do people get the idea of "German Castrol"?

It is an European formula only available right now at Auto Zone in 0w-30. When finding any Castrol Syntec 0W-30 at Auto Zone, make sure it says "Made In Germany" on the back of the quart jug.

Then you will know that you have the correct one.

quote:

Originally posted by Shemoves:
how does the GC 0w30 do in hot climates?

That's a nice little FAQ that FD777 put together. As to your specific question, the answer is, "very well!" At 100 deg C, this oil measures just over 12 cSt "thickness" (cSt = Centistokes, btw). This puts it at the very top of the 30 wt thickness range, almost a 40 wt. But this is really a red herring, the proof, regardless of whether the oil seems "thick" or "thin" to you is in its performance. Go peruse the UOA section and you'll see that this oil is consistently among the very best performers across the board (search several different terms, such as "GC" "German Castrol", "0w-30" etc.). I've posted several of my UOA from my G35 and my wife's Sequoia. They reflect grade-A performance in the hot Gulf Coast climate. GC is not magic, and it's not right for all engines, but it is an outstanding oil overall.

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:
GC is not magic...

ek,

Because you are a truly triumphant, totally terrific, tribological testifier and an eerily effervescent and eloquent Elixer enthusiast, I will give you time to rephrase what is obviously an errant thought on your part...10...9....8...7...6.........
wink.gif

Gee Paul, why did I have a feeling that you would be appearing soon? Could it possibly be the two instances of flagrant heresy that have appeared with only six posts in the thread? Why, there must be rioting in der SWW at I type this... :) OK, I agree, I should have said "GC is actually magic, just not the right magic for everyone." Better?

Now, on a much more fundamental level, there remains the matter of the ultimate heresy of the first post -- questioning the very existence of the Green.
shocked.gif

i just went out and bought 8 quarts of the M06 gold for my acura. i will be running it with a Frantz filter and LC20. my next job just might be a thousand+ miles a week on the old acura. hopefully i will never have to change the oil with all of the make up quarts i will be putting in.

quote:

Originally posted by jamesn:
Hopefully I will never have to change the oil with all of the make up quarts I will be putting in.

If it is burning that much oil you better start adding synthetic ashless 2-stroke outboard oil to the gas at 1:500 to keep that precious GC in the crankcase. The last place you want GC is out the tailpipes, and snagged on the converter matrices. Used GC belongs in the remanufactured oil vessel at the Walmart car care center where it will enter its afterlife.

quote:

Now, on a much more fundamental level, there remains the matter of the ultimate heresy of the first post -- questioning the very existence of the Green.
shocked.gif
[/QB]

ek,

I interpreted "J-squared"'s remark not as a questioning of the existence of the green but a question as to how did it come to be known as such. Now that you have tuned my receiver to the appropriate frequency, I can see that fundamentally there is skepticism in the question. How could I be so slow? I'm just no good
frown.gif
...why do you even put up with me?
dunno.gif
Um-m-m, you DO put up with me, don't you?
shocked.gif

Why, thank you, ek! I try...I REALLY try. Sometimes I feel like I am walking point in the Global War on Un-Green and Gold (UG&G). But I can boldly do this because I KNOW you are covering my six.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

shocked.gif
ek,

I interpreted "J-squared"'s remark not as a questioning of the existence of the green but a question as to how did it come to be known as such. Now that you have tuned my receiver to the appropriate frequency, I can see that fundamentally there is skepticism in the question. How could I be so slow? I'm just no good
frown.gif
...why do you even put up with me?
dunno.gif
Um-m-m, you DO put up with me, don't you?
shocked.gif
[/QB]

Hey, not to worry! Even the leader of the Schwartzwald-ish Oil Inquision is entitled to a slip or two now and then. . . No one has done a better or more thorough job of maintaining vigilance against the heresy of the un-green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back