German Castrol now available in flyover country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw my first German Castrol today in one of the AutoZone stores in Champaign Illinois. The other store in town still has dusty bottles of the Made in U.S.A. type.

$4.99 a quart and I didn't buy any. I'm still trying to decide if I'll use it for my next oil change.

Also, the local Blains Farm and Fleet has gallons of Delvac 1 for $21.49...

[ November 15, 2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: jsharp ]

Go for it. Delvac is not a slam-dunk in gas engines like GC is. You wil probally change it twice a year anyway in terms of long-life. GC will give the maximum smoothness, based purely on my own speculation.
grin.gif

I wasn't reall considering the Delvac 1. I think it might be heavier than required for my Toyota engine. I just thought some that had commented on it's relative unavailablity might check their local Farm and Fleet stores.

The GC will probably get the nod. The 0W-30 looks attractive since it's soon to be cold here. German Castrol in a Japanese truck. The axis powers are alive and well it seems...
grin.gif

GC Update - I want back and bought the only 6 quarts they had in stock. Since I really need about 6 1/2 for a change it looks like I'll be adding 1/2 quart of USA made Syntec 0W-30 to it...
frown.gif

They gave me a free Fram filter too. The guy looked at me really funny when I said "Great! One more more filter to cut up!"

[ November 16, 2003, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: jsharp ]

The autozones in NJ have it in stock...saw it in Clifton today...10 quarts...i didnt buy any as I have plenty of other oil to use up.

I went to another Autozone today to find the last quart I needed for my oil change. It looks like all the new stock they're getting in is the German variety. Lets hope it's here to stay...

jsharp, The Delvac1 wuld work just fine in your Toyota even with winter comeing. Remember it is a 5W40 not a 15W40. It was designed to give large diesels good cold cranking and pumping for winter use especialy!!! SO do not be afraid of the Delvac1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back