German Castrol in an LS-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone running GC in an LS-1? I have seen a few posts where people have said the GM truck motors have gotten noisy with this oil. I did a search and can't find any UOA's on this in an LS-1.

I'm going to be running GC in an LS1 very soon (probably by the end of next week) so I'll let you know how it works out. I'll run the first interval for 5000 miles, which will probably only take me two months, so I'll have a UOA posted in late September.

Pat! so you're getting the Vette?!?! congrats my friend
cheers.gif

GC would be a great fit. That Oil works good in any engine actually. I wish we had a UOA of Amsoil 0w-30 in the LS1.

I'd like to see those results too, Amsoil 0W-30 is a good oil from what people on this board have been saying about it

I'm running GC in my modified LS1. There is no excess noise. In fact, there is less noise with GC than other oils.

quote:

Originally posted by cweed:
Pat! so you're getting the Vette?!?! congrats my friend
cheers.gif

Yes, I actually begun my search almost 4 weeks ago, but haven't had much luck since there aren't a lot of 97s and 98s up here. But a dealer near here just purchased a black on black 97 Corvette from Florida and is having it shipped up here next week. It's only got 71k on it. So if I don't find something sooner on my own (I've got many people doing searches for me, going to auctions, etc.) I definitely will have this one from Florida, as I have got first dibs on it when it arrives here.

quote:

Originally posted by cweed:
Sweet! you must take lots of pics and post them up
smile.gif

You just know I will! I've been waiting to get this car since I first saw them being built in Bowling Green in 1997! It's a dream come true for me.

Patman, yo haven't kept me updated on your C5 purchase progress !!
nono.gif

I have GC in my 02 Suburban with the 5.3 Vortec and will soon have my brand new C5 on a GC diet too when I reach 1500 miles. GC is, I am convinced now after trying Redline, Amsoil and Mobil 1, one of the best oils for these engines.

quote:

Originally posted by Alex D:
Patman, yo haven't kept me updated on your C5 purchase progress !!
nono.gif

Sorry about that. There wasn't much to update about until this week, and at first I didn't want to say anything about this car from Florida in case something goes wrong in transit.

hope they are transporting it in an enclosed container
smile.gif
sweet car, you are going to love it!

On my 01 GMC Sierra 5.3L I have used 4 different oils in this order, GM, Quaker S, Royal P and now GC 0-30. I have tracked mileage (57k km, 36k miles) since new and can honestly say that today with the GC I'm getting my best mileage, approx 0.5 to 1 MPG better. OCI will be in approx 1 month in which I will send in a sample.

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
Black Patman????? I owned a black car once, never again. Had to run the air on sunny days in winter and a PIA to keep clean. There must be something better around?

Believe me, black isn't my first choice either, not for the heat, since the car will be parked in an underground garage all day at work. But it's due to black showing all the scratches and dirt easier.

I'm hoping to find another car before this one shows up, but my search has taken me so long that if I don't find something else before this car arrives, I will take it. It's a very good deal too, that is something I can't ignore.

So if I end up with black, I'll just end up washing it more often, and start saving up for a paint job in 3-4 years. I'd love to paint it Fairway Green, that is a color offered on only the 97 and 98 Corvette, and they made less than 400 in this color over these two years.

Looking through the Auto Trader up here, most of the 97s to 99s for sale are black.

PS-sorry to the original poster for the hijacking of this thread.
smile.gif

That's OK. You know I love Vettes
grin.gif
and I got the answer on the oil. Unless one of you finds an issue with GC, my Vette will get it at its next change

quote:

Originally posted by vettenuts:
That's OK. You know I love Vettes
grin.gif
and I got the answer on the oil. Unless one of you finds an issue with GC, my Vette will get it at its next change

I will definitely let you know how the LS1 responds to the switchover to GC. I predict it'll love it just like my LT1 does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back