German Castro Syntec in Washington State?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone form Washington stae know where to buy the German Castro Syntec locally?

Is it as good as, or better than, Mobil 1 or Amsoil 2000 series?

Thx.

If there is any I have not found it
frown.gif
But a nice guy like me can't even get 0 weights here in Spokane
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by GoHack:
Anyone form Washington stae know where to buy the German Castro Syntec locally?

Is it as good as, or better than, Mobil 1 or Amsoil 2000 series?

Thx.

GoHack,

If you don't have Autozone (only place in US of which I am aware that is carrying it) you might try Wal-Mart in Vancouver or other Canadian city close to you.

The answer to your comparison question is not fully fleshed out with supporting data yet, but I predict we'll find out that it is.

[ August 31, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

I just got back, having checked out everyone in the local area, here in Central Washington state.

I went to three different Walmarts, a Shopco, a K-Mart, a Target, and a Schucks Auto Parts, w/no luck.

I did find something interesting at Walmart, 5W-50 Castro Syntec oil. I've never seen 5W-50 before. I also found 0W-30 Castro Syntec at K-Mart, but it wasn't the German oil. It said it was made here in the US in NJ.

Oh well, I guess I'll just go for the Mobil 1.

I would of liked to try the German Castro though.

Ok guys, I'm on my way to Guatemala to find some German Castrol. Wish me luck!
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
GoHack,

Have patience. Eventually pscholte, Patman, et al., will let some remain on the shelves. Won't they?

banghead.gif

GROUCHO MARX,

Yesterday, I left 4 cases--FOUR CASES--alone at one of our Autozones...but after Labor Day...well, let's just say they are "at risk."
grin.gif

quote:

Heck Paul,

The way you have created such a buzz on this site as well as cornered the market, I suspect the FTC will be calling any day to see why you should be allowed such a monopoly.

Bill Gates move over!

lol.gif

Love the response...you are a credit to The Legend behind your user name!

GROUCHO MARX,

Don't tell me that the stories--I always thought they were just legends--about you (and even Elvis) are true?...
shocked.gif
gasp!
shocked.gif

PS Could I have your autograph? (and would you say the secret woid?)

I've been reading here how the US 0w-30 Castrol Syntec has it's letters in yellow while the German 0w-30 is in red. I could of sworn, now that I think of it, that the one one I saw at K-Mart was white. It was also in a different shaped bottle also, more square shaped vs. rectangular w/the normal Syntec bottles.

I should of opened it to see it's color.

GoHack,

The portion of the label describing the weight (0W-30) is a red block with the 0W-30 in black letters.

quote:

GoHack,

Have patience. Eventually pscholte, Patman, et al., will let some remain on the shelves. Won't they?

banghead.gif

Yes, I'm done adding to my supply until I start using some of it up!
smile.gif
Now that CT sells it, I'll just wait until they have sales on it too, so instead of paying $6.66 for it at Walmart, it'll be $6.29.

quote:

There is no German Castrol in Washington and I even checked Leavenworth (inside joke for us Washingtonians). I mean I have looked EVERYWHERE.

You don't have to go any farther east than Leavenworth, I've aleady checked out Wenatchee, Ephrata, and Moses Lake.
frown.gif

Gentlemen of the no-kidding, downright beautiful Cascade State,

I believe it is time for you to take a trip north to see the Fall foliage........and to visit the first Canadian Wal-Mart that you come across.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back