German cars better fasteners?

Fact is 90% or more of the "one time use" fasteners are no such thing. Just looking at them you can see they are not stretch bolts and when measured against new are identical, there is no stretch area on the bolt, a nut will spine right down the threads with no binding.
On some VW models if you replaced ever bolt the say (one time use replace) on a clutch job there are over $200 worth at dealer retail.
I replace the clutch cover and flywheel bolts only, if the others are in good shape they go right back in.
Mercedes used to have a okay to reuse length on some of their bolts.
Most of the "one time use" bolts come with thread locker/sealant on the threads.

Easier to tell the tech "install a new bolt" than it is to hope they know how to use thread locker/sealant appropriately.

And if they are stretch bolts, good luck getting a tech to measure them before reinstalling.

In addition to one time use, stretch bolts, VW just loves triple square, allen style bolts. When I changed the clutch on a Vetta I had several years ago had to source a number of metric triple square allen sockets. They do hold the tool bit more securely making it almost impossible to strip, but as they are all one time use, I dont understand why those in lieu of normal allen head bolts.
Well, get a tool. I seriously don’t understand this: oh but I have to get different tools. So? I had to get different tools for Toyota, and I just kept on going.

I had my water pump replaced on the Audi under warranty about 3.5 years ago and they replaced just about every bolt, there were about ten bolts on the invoice. If even Audi is paying for them under warranty, it’s probably important to use new ones.

I absolutely hate those Allen bolts that are on many euro cars. They always round out.
Allen is a brand name and these are not "bolts" they are screws (different tolerances)
Plating has change with the environmental regulations, most anything domestic with a "zinc" coating will rust almost as quickly as an untreated fastener. If you really want to see poor quality fasteners look under any RV

Not all XZN bolts are one time use.

Flywheel bolts typically are though.
Never said they all were one time use. When I changed the clutch on that Jetta, I used the service manual which specifically called out which bolts were one time use, and which were not.

Back