"Genuine Toyota Oil">???

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Hey, it's up to you, but the longer you ignore the reams of very obvious, clear evidence, the more you erode your own credibility.

ekpolk,

I was referring to "Genuine Toyota Oil" (which is GTX) not GC!
pat.gif

Do you actually think I would drain out GC at 3K? That stuff is WAY to expensive to drain out that soon. I would do at least 6K on that stuff. If I was pouring in GC, I wouldn't want to spill a single drop. Only rich JAG lawyers can afford GC.
tongue.gif

Last bottle of Toyota oil I saw was in the classic wide mouth ExxonMobil bottle. regardless toyota simply requires ISLAC"Energy-Conserving" GF-4 5w30. Run any to 5k or 6 months and know that life is good.

As far as what the dealer uses it is not "toyota Genuine" It is simply Valvoline at one delaer nearby, Castgrol At another and I am sure every oil distributor is represented across the country in toyota service bays. As long as they meet the above requirements there is no need to have angst

"Angst" is a prerequisite for BITOG membership, Bryan. (read the forum rules) If you're psychologically well-adjusted, you're on the wrong forum. (Shoot, you may even be on the wrong planet...)

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
"Angst" is a prerequisite for BITOG membership, Bryan. (read the forum rules) If you're psychologically well-adjusted, you're on the wrong forum. (Shoot, you may even be on the wrong planet...)

Amen!
I wish I'd have put HALF the thought into choosing my real estate agent as I have for my oil and filter choices
frown.gif

GR:

My apologies for my last. It was unduly harsh. Yesterday was not a good day. I'll spare the details. BTW, JAG officers don't get paid any more than any officer of the same grade. In fact, in the USMC, we don't even have a separate JAG corps like the other services do. We're line officers just like our infantry colleagues, and held to the same standards.

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:

I have drugs for that I feel fine....Really
freak2.gif

quote:

She has the Ford ESP warranty.

The Extended Service Plan is NOT a warranty. It is a prepaid service contract. You must do whatever it says to do in the fine print in the contract to keep in valid. Of course, the lying thieves at the stealership don't know any of this anyway, they just want to drum up business.

The only time I would change oil less than 5000 miles with modern engines and modern oil is driving like my mother-in-law...several mile or two trips daily. For any normal driving, 5000 miles is no problem. GM's oil life monitor is showing an average mileage of 8500 miles for oil drains, and I've heard no reports of problems. GM engines aren't Toyota engines, but the oil is the same, and Toyota engines are likely better, anyway.

Ken

Whatever...
rolleyes.gif
If I try to explain mom, about Group III & Hydro-crack...
rolleyes.gif
she asks me about my sex & drug habits.

Better to let her get "Genuine Toyota Oil" at 3K
frown.gif
The dealership told her if she had any ??? on a 3K oil change, just ask a JIFFY-LUBE!
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ConfederateTyrant:
I can't answer as to what the deal iswith Toyota's fluid, but I heard from a "mechanic" (aviation, not automotive) who said that Toyota "recommends Castrol." He talked with the dealership and that's what they told him, for engine oil and gear oil.

Got the same answer from my toyota dealership. Castrol.

Dealer service schedules are full of reccomendations that exceed the OEM maintenance guidance.
Oil changes every 3K, air filters more often than specced, putting EVERYONE on the severe schedule, spark plug replacements before spec...

Our local dealers use Valvoline. Acording to the Corolla forums, in Canada, they acually get Mobil 1.

You can run whatever you want as long as it meets the factory specs.

I was running Mobil 1 and wix filters, but I'm downgrading to a Super tech synthetic 5w-30 and super tech oil filters (made by champion).

Common, it's not a performance car. Your not going to break your engine changing the oil on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back