Genuine GM Motor Oil 5W-30 Super Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
super%20synthetic%20oil.jpg

http://www.neobrothers.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1056

Is this group II, III or what? I could not find msds anywhere. Any ideas who makes this oil, it says made in eu.

I hate these superhypersynthetics which has "nothing" to do with synthetic motor oil. Where i live in winter temps go about -30C -20F, so real PAO is kind of mandatory in winter. Global warming helps though, last winter was only about -20C -4F, so i guess group III will do the job nowadays.

Here is hard to find 5w-30 or 0w30 fullsynthetics in reasonable price.

Acdelco and Delphi containers looks similar also. I doupt it is Mobil1, then it would say fullsynthetic.

Sorry, I see you've tried to get that info.

At the price they're asking I would suspect it's at least GP III.
Do the Saab dealers stock it? If you can't even get the Pour Point of this oil, then pass on it unless it's being given to you.

GM Goodwrench oil is Exxon Mobil. I doubt they are going to go somewhere else for their synthetic.

* At least in the states it is. Can you find a part number for it anywhere? I could do some research if I had a number for it.

When I bought my 03 Saab 9-3. I was buying the Saab Turbo oil 0W-30 from the dealer. The 1 liter bottles were the same as the Mobil bottles of the time. The 4 liter bottles were funky looking. Mobil EU made the Saab oil at the time. I found this.
Saab Turbo oil

Hahaa, found msds.

http://www.ifz-berlin.de/eng_pdf/eng_93165006.pdf

tmundal, here are partnumbers.
PartNo:93165212 CatalogueNo:19 42 042

It says: Highly refined mineral oil (The product itself isn't a mineral oil, but is produced from mineral oil. IP 346 DMSO extract : < 3 %).
Msds also mentions: For oil mist: EXXON recommendation 5 mg/m³, so i guess it can be Exxonmobil stuff.

So i guess it is group III base. Bought one 5L container for 22,95€. My older car is going to enjoy it winter or not.
grin2.gif

I punched that number into GM and this is what I got..

FOR SERVICE USE PART NUMBER 89022170

Description OIL,ENG 5W30, 1 QT HIGH MILAGE

Called a dealer that has it in stock...

MOBIL CLEAN HIGH MILAGE 5W30

WITH BAR CODE 71924-97030

It's not the same oil, kinematic viscositys are different. It's replacement.

I think pds is impossible to found. Pour point or CCS would be nice to know, but i can live without it.

A-HA! Thanks finnautti for that pdf, I've spent quite a bit of time searching for the visc numbers on that oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back