Genesis SUV

I saw one up close yesterday and it is gorgeous. May be the best looking SUV out there IMO. There is not a lot you can do to spruce up a SUV but this one is.

I'd love to have a GV80. RWD, twin turbo V6, etc. Probably the only mom-mobile I like.

But they aren't in my budget. Great bang for the buck compared to it's competitors.

I heard yesterday if they are driven at 9/10ths they can roll over. Got that from a friend³ who knows somebody that knows somebody that did that. Otherwise they are a very nice vehicle and apparently pretty crash worthy. 🏌️‍♂️

I heard yesterday if they are driven at 9/10ths they can roll over. Got that from a friend³ who knows somebody that knows somebody that did that. Otherwise they are a very nice vehicle and apparently pretty crash worthy. 🏌️‍♂️
oh no, you didn't...

Depending on performance, the GV70 is a strong contender to replace my turbo CX5 in 2024-2026. It is reported to weigh about 4400#, which represents a 600# increase, but it will be offered with a 300hp and 375hp engine. My CX5 likely will slot between those two for performance, but the extra space and the extra performance of the 375hp model will be appealing to me. Mazda's CX50 will use parts sourced from outside of Japan, which makes it no better to me than any other mutt of a vehicle.

I haven’t seen one yet but one of my neighbors just picked up a new Kia Telluride and that is a sharp looking rig, inside and out.
Look at the Telluride from the rear. The tires are so narrow. You notice it right away.

I haven’t seen one yet but one of my neighbors just picked up a new Kia Telluride and that is a sharp looking rig, inside and out.
Those Tellurides were the hottest SUV‘s on the market last year, they cooled off some but they just took the country by storm. You couldn’t even walk into a dealership around where I am and get one on sale or get some sort of rebate. They were sold out...bidding wars, prices raised. I couldn’t believe it.

They are really nice looking though. I’d buy one if the price was right.

I got an email from my local Hyundai/Genesis dealer a few days ago stating they are "discounting" Palisades (basically the Hyundai version of the Telluride.) Used to be the Palisade was going for sticker or "sticker plus". Local KIA dealers also seem to have a decent build-up of Telluride inventory.

The whole timing of the Genesis "incident" is interesting when you consider that yesterday it was announced that Hyundai/KIA/Genesis received Top Safety Pick+ ratings by the IIHS. Possible damage control, or just coincidence?

Is the Kia Telluride basically the same as the Hyundai Palisade? For some reason the Telluride gets better reviews.

Back