Genesis GV80 SUV

Status
Not open for further replies.
About time they got an SUV out. Now they need dealerships so Gen buyers won't have to lay eyes on Accent drivers. Lots of disrespect for the new outsize grills, but I think this looks fine on the GV80.

Last edited:
That's a sharp looking SUV. It looks like Hyundai is getting serious about making Genesis a full line luxury marquee. I wonder what their plan is for the dealership experience.

Bentley and MB overtones.

That young wonam is absolutely dwarfed by that monster.

May replace the Infiniti QX80 as my favourite monster to gawk at in the Mall parking lot,.

Nice job.

But bet you cant get one 3 years from now for 35% of MSRP like their V8 5.0 Sedans

Now I got to look for one of those low mileage 5.0 RWD sedans for sale for 17Gs

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
But bet you cant get one 3 years from now for 35% of MSRP like their V8 5.0 Sedans

I saw one of those in Nick1994's sig, now I understand.

Bentley and MB overtones.

That young wonam is absolutely dwarfed by that monster.

May replace the Infiniti QX80 as my favourite monster to gawk at in the Mall parking lot,.

Nice job.

If you want a sedan that's depreciated like a sack of potatoes hitting the floor, look at 2016-2017 BMW 7-Series...you can one, even CPO cars, for about the same price as G80 V8 5.0s.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Is the GV80 built on the same platform as Hyundai Palisade?

No, it's an all new, RWD based architecture that is going to also be used for the next G80.

Originally Posted by maxdustington

Yup, just got mine for about $20k, was $53.7k new. The quality is definitely there, even on mine which is 5 years old.

This SUV looks great and will sell great. The Kia Telluride is selling so fast they can't keep them on the lots. My aunt and I went to look at them and they're marking them up $5k over msrp, just because they can.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Originally Posted by maxdustington

Yup, just got mine for about $20k, was $53.7k new. The quality is definitely there, even on mine which is 5 years old.

This SUV looks great and will sell great. The Kia Telluride is selling so fast they can't keep them on the lots. My aunt and I went to look at them and they're marking them up $5k over msrp, just because they can.

Anyone that pays anywhere near 5K over MSRP for a KIA is a flat out sucker.
I'm going to check out local Denver metro dealers sites to see.

Dealer # 1 MSRP +$599 dealer handling
Dealer # 2 same as above
Dealer #3 MSRP + $699 dealer handling

They all have 1 to 5 in stock.
I guess its a hot seller.

Originally Posted by glock19
My local Kia dealer only has one Telluride and they're asking MSRP.

The dealer we went to had the MSRP listed on the car and online, but we were told they add on $5k over that when it comes down to buy.

We walked.

Just checked my local Hyundai dealer for the Palisade which is the Tellurides cousin.
They have 45 units and most are discounted $500 with no dealer handling.
There can't be that much difference between the two.

No way would I pay MSRP or over for a Kia.

This sure looks nice, Genesis looks like it might be the brand to watch this year. Is Equus dead?

I have been personally baffled that Kia/Hyundai/Genesis have no preduced luxury CUV's of all sizes.

The MB/BMW stuff sells like mad around here even down to the CrossTrek rip off size/look. Even VW built their first efforts competitive "Americanized" SUVs with Atlas and recent Tiguan in 2018 and it translated to 50% of their sales volume instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back