Genesis GV80 Question

Question about oil choice for the GV80.

I have a good stash of Pennzoil SRT 0-w40 for my TRX and was wondering if there would be any issues using this for the Genesis? The GV80 calls for 0w-30. It is a twin turbo 3.5L. I've read on this forum many times that turbos are notoriously hard on oil. This engine has 2 of them.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Do you have a warranty to be concerned about? Hyundai did release a TSB for dealers to use 5W40 in some turbo 4 cylinders despite the oil cap having 5W30 on it; and the owners manual showing 5W40 as being acceptable. Who knows what is best as Hyundai has historically not known the answer from the start.

Per 2021 Genesis GV80 Owners manual:
"Engine oil viscosity (thickness) has an effect on fuel economy and cold weather operating (engine start and engine oil flowability). Lower viscosity engine oils can provide better fuel economy and cold weather performance, however, higher viscosity engine oils are required for satisfactory lubrication in hot weather." 0W30 is there specifically for fuel economy.
That engine family (Hyundai V6 Twin-Turbo) has been around for some time now in 3.3L size. 3.3L/3.5L/3.8L Naturally aspirated versions too. Whether N/A or forced induction - these engines seem to respond well to 0w40/5w40 oil grades. And the best oils in that SAE grade happen to be the ones that meet the very strict Porsche A40, and MB 229.5 oil certifications. I'm sure Pennzoil SRT 0W40 will do well, but in my experience across various engines - it always showed increased oil consumption. Even after multiple OCIs. Try and see I guess.

Back