generators and hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I do. I have two Honda inverter generators, an EU-2000i and an EU-1000i. After using one of them, I drain ALL the fuel out of the tank, and then drain the remaining fuel from the carburetor bowl (Honda provides a nice rubber hose for directing the fuel out of the carburetor (after loosening the drain screw) so it doesn't make a mess inside the generator. When I need one of them, I fill it up with fuel and, after priming it to get fuel into the carb, it fires right up. No need for storing fuel inside the genny's fuel tank, and no need for fuel stabilizer in the genny itself (although I always use fuel that's been stabilized). They are oiled with premium synthetic oil (Amsoil 5W-30) that I keep in there for years, since these units don't get a whole lot of use.

Originally Posted By: raffy
Here's what I do. I have two Honda inverter generators, an EU-2000i and an EU-1000i. After using one of them, I drain ALL the fuel out of the tank, and then drain the remaining fuel from the carburetor bowl (Honda provides a nice rubber hose for directing the fuel out of the carburetor (after loosening the drain screw) so it doesn't make a mess inside the generator. When I need one of them, I fill it up with fuel and, after priming it to get fuel into the carb, it fires right up. No need for storing fuel inside the genny's fuel tank, and no need for fuel stabilizer in the genny itself (although I always use fuel that's been stabilized). They are oiled with premium synthetic oil (Amsoil 5W-30) that I keep in there for years, since these units don't get a whole lot of use.

Just a note, those two units can be successfully linked together to produce more power. They will share the load appropriately. While Honda says it can't be done, it can be done, and RV guys do it regularly. In fact, one can hook one of each EU1000, EU2000 and EU3000 together with normal results.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back