Generally favorable opinnion Fram Ultra prompted

Status
Not open for further replies.
me to buy one for wife's 07 Camry with intention of using for 10K oci. If it's equal to what's been suggested on BITOG, it's a heck of a value.

I have one on my Chrysler right now. I would never spend $10 on a filter for a beater, but a few months ago they were buy one get one free. So 2 for $10? Sure, I'll use two!

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
how much was it.

$8.97 as compared to over $12 for the Bosch Distance + which nobody stocks for that car. The specified M1EP filter is the same as the one recommended for my 97 Camry and is about an inch shorter in length than the OEM filter. I'm not anxious to use a smaller filter than the one Toyota specified for the car.

I had been using low to mid grade oil filters from OCOD to Motorcraft to Bosch Premium to house brands ..., in my LS400 for up to 13-15k miles.

The car has more than 300k miles without engine problem.

Of the 2 filters, Oil and Air, air filter is more importance.

If the engine is healthy then the oil quality is more importance than filter.

Apparently, it's the worst filter ever made. It rapes nuns, fondles young children, and prefers Pepsi over Coke. In other words, it's designed specifically to kill your engine but the evil masterminds at Fram Motor Destruction company. Read about it on the other "Ultra killed my motor!" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back