General Tire : New all weather tire : Altimax 365 AW

The Continental Terrain Contact HT has a very similar pattern also.
Several decades an LTX user I recently tried the Continental Terrain Contact HT and am blown away at the improvement in every aspect. I've ran the LTX on my 2005 Silverado since new and previous trucks, so I know what to expect but Michelin prices are getting to be too much. They don't last near the warranty anyways.
I decided to try the Continental Terrain Contact HT via Discount tire trial period and Continentals same, and was quite surprised how much better they handle and ride, and are dead silent. Several k miles in now and no change. I'm converted. The price was $200.00 less OTD.

Don't care if they're a copy of Michelins. If they are NOT made in China and are good tires, I'd buy them (if I lived up north).

I'm one of those people that will pay more for a lower rated tire if the top rated tire is made in China and the next best is made in anywhere but.

If it works, it works, why reinvent the wheel?
Some differences, on the outside blocks.
Just callin a spade a spade. Like I said, imitation is best form of flattery. Let the big guys make something great and then copy it.

If it's an LTX ripoff, will they go all the way and crack like Michelins?

I guess we'll have to see how they do. If they are similar in price to RT43's then maybe I'll try once.

I been on this site for 18 years and this was the first time one of my post was deleted. So my comment about how the author shouldn’t be doing tire reviews stepped over the line? In all the tire reviews I have read over my life, I have never heard an author of such review give tires pronouns.

Will consider this tire for next spring . Hopefully a rebate of $50 will be available at that time .

I been on this site for 18 years and this was the first time one of my post was deleted. So my comment about how the author shouldn’t be doing tire reviews stepped over the line? In all the tire reviews I have read over my life, I have never heard an author of such review give tires pronouns.

Only one.....Geez!

The price is about $20 higher for these (at Tire Rack) than the RT43; for my car a little over $150 each. If reviews are good I will try them next round.

Screenshot_20210506-061317_Opera.jpg

I'm sure they aren't an LTX copy even though the tread pattern looks similar. I bet the compound is different, which is just as important. LTX's wear really well, since they have a decently hard compound.

I bet these all weather tires will really take off with a lot of people permanently working from home. If you're not commuting to and from work in the snow, do you really full on winter tires? These all weather are 90% as good and work year round.

Back