General RT43 eBay offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning to make an eBay purchase for a set of tires and I need to make an offer based on a MRSP $120 per tire. What is a reasonable offer?

Discount tire price matches. I found a set on Walmart.com and printed the page off. They matched it no questions asked. I'd steer clear of Fleabay

Buying on ebay today nets another 15% off.

I don't know if you'll get success haggling, not knowing the size and whatnot.

I bought a couple sets of tires over the summer for ~$115 for a set of four 185/65/15s but IDK your size either. Mine were fresh stock.

Originally Posted by Patrick0525
Planning to make an eBay purchase for a set of tires and I need to make an offer based on a MRSP $120 per tire. What is a reasonable offer?

What size?

245/50/20 Got the 15% eBay from Simple Tire General Tire RT43 Qty4 $408. Free shipping.

Last edited:
^^^^^^ Fwiw, I think you did well all the way around. Lowest price I'm seeing that size this am $120 each, TR and WM. RT43's are generally speaking a popular tire on bitog. I'm very satisfied with the V rated on an Accord. Perhaps you'll check back later with how they're working out.

Depends on size of tire somewhat but those are very cheap tires and some people like them. I found them to be a very soft sidewall tire hence poor squirrely handling and think I paid around $50 each for 215/60R16. They did perform well in rain and snow and wear was ok.
I won't buy another set unless they were so cheap it was too good to pass on.

@Syajac Unfortunately, I plan to install them in Sept 2019 unless there is an immediate catastrophic failure on my regular tires between April/Sept 2019. Currently, I just installed my snow tires Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Winter 235/60/18 that were purchased from Tirerack for $115per tire. My regular tires are the OEM Goodyear Eagle RSA with 65K mi and can go another 10/15K mi.

So you got 65k out of the most smack talked tire on this website - and they could go more? LoL ... I ran a set 59k and took them off still looking good - I just can't bring myself to run tires any longer than 60k ...

We now have RT43s (T rated) on two vehicles in our household and they are also my summer tires (H rated?? not sure).
My wife and daughter use them year round and are conservative drivers, and we have found these tires to be excellent for their needs.
I have regrets about buying them for my vehicle as their winter capabilities mean much less to me and they are not much fun for sporty driving, I liked the GY Eagle A/S tires I had before much more. My RT43s are good in heavy rain and what little snow and ice they do see, but they are not good for throwing the car around in dry conditions. I put in a stiffer rear sway bar to improve cornering but the RT43s don't hang on really well when I get aggressive.

Last edited:
RT 43's are a great all around tire and I have used them on many personal cars... A good friend has owned a tire shop for 30 years and sells many different tires, he has told me General RT 43's are one of the best tires for the money. Good in all weather conditions including snow and they last a long time. That's why I use them on my Lexus sedan, a few Honda's and on a couple of SUV's... Considering I only used to by Michelin. this is a good endorsement for the RT 43's...

Update
Good news on the eBay front. SimpleTire accepted the $455 qty 4 245/50/20 offer.

In short, $383 net total includes the -15%ebay promo with good fresh data codes 3318 and 3118.

I am a happy guy.

I've ordered two sets of General RT43's on ebay and both have been great.

One was for my mom's 2011 Honda Fit, the other my sister's 2013 Jetta. The RT43 is a great all-season tire that is comfortable, quiet, and has better than average rain and snow traction. It is a great tire for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back