General releases the G-Max AS-05 UHP all-season

Status
Not open for further replies.
successor to the G-Max AS-03, popular entry-level ultra high performance all-season tire.

The new tire is not directional like the 03 was.

UTQG 500-AA-A

Warranty is now 50k (up from 40k)

All are W-rated and feature a rim protector. And of course, it retains General's Replacement Tire Monitor, which is that exact phrase printed on the tire when new but changes to "Replace Tire" when fully worn.

It is on sale now.

G-Max AS-05 at Tire Rack

ge_gmax_as05_pdpfullexpand.jpg

If you look at the specs on this new tire listed on the TireRack, these are produced in 8 different countries; made in Europe and the Americas.
I wonder what sizes will have 2 ply sidewall construction if any? Some ultra high performance tires use a 1 ply sidewall that gives a better ride
at the expense of steering response. I had Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3's on my GTI and they didn't have the crisp steering response I was aiming for.
In fact, I replaced them with Falken ZIEX ZE950 A/S tires that have better steering response. If these Generals have 2 ply sidewalls in my size, these are going on my GTI eventually.

I've had the AS-3 on my second set of wheels for my Camaro and they've been fine, getting more miles than the OE summer Pirellis.

Just picked up a set of 4 for $303 after rebate. I'll let you all know how they are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back